Wednesday, August 31, 2011

37 Weeks

37 weeks!


This week Will is the size of a watermelon, weighing in at approximately 6.5 lbs and 19.5 inches long. Will is officially considered FULL TERM however it would be nice if he stayed inside for another week or two...or at least that is what my OB is telling me. I am personally ready to have my body, my sleep, and my energy back.  Plus I can't wait to see what our little man is going to look like. 


 Zachary wanted to hold his brother "WILL" the watermelon before he went to Pre-Kindergarten.  He started to kiss the melon and then decided it was too heavy to hold.   Kevin and I were cracking up!
 By the end of the photo shoot he basically dropped the melon on the floor and started hugging it.  These are the sweet memories I will treasure forever. 
Chalkboard countdown this week says...Less than 18 days!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained another pound this week so I am up 27 lbs. 
Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes.

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Sleeping! However I realize that I will not get my "normal" sleeping in for about the next 6- months.

Cravings: Desserts, Chocolate, and Candy....not a good craving to have. Especially when Kevin is trying to watch what he eats.

Symptoms: Well, we had our 2nd trip to Labor & Delivery this past Sunday.  Kevin was out of town for his 15ish annual fantasy football draft.  I insisted that he go because my OB said I wasn't going to go into labor. He left Saturday morning and within 3 hours of his leaving I started having contractions and cramping that ranged from 3-10 minutes apart depending on the time of day. Z and I went to my parents church's 125th Birthday carnival.  While at the carnival my mom and I thought it would be best if Z & I spent the night at their house.  The contractions were coming quite regularly and I was not feeling well.  I would text Kevin the updates but we both decided that I was in good hands at my parents so he stayed in KC for the night.  I woke up on Sunday morning feeling a little better so Z and I went to our church. During Sunday School I started to have contractions again 4 minutes apart and knew that I HAD TO GO TO L&D.  I texted Kevin he was already at home. He called his parents to have them meet us at our house to watch Z. I called my mom and we met her at L & D.  Upon arrival the nurse in triage put me on the monitor, checked me and suggested that I was in labor.  I wish she wouldn't have said this because it got me all excited.  Instead I had UTI#3 which is the worse one I have had thus far.  They sent me home measuring 3 cm and 60%.  I was a little bummed but relieved that I got more antibiotics. 

On Monday, I saw my OB for my weekly appointment. I'm still 3cm, 60% effaced and measuring 42 weeks.  She said Will could come anytime on his own but she would not induce me until my 39th week which starts Sept 11th.  So we are in the waiting stage. She thinks the reason I keep getting UTI's is because Will is right on top of my bladder.
Exciting things this week: My best friend from junior high, Melody, had her baby GIRL, Chandler on Saturday August 27th.  Mel & I had due dates 1 week apart.  I have an entire post for Miss Chandler's arrival...I will post that later this week.  She's a beauty!








No comments: