Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Brother Weekend!

A couple weekends ago, Kevin and I planned a Surprise BIG Brother Get-Away for Zachary. We told him some of the details but kept some a secret.  Note to self....Zachary is not a big secret/surprise person. Kinda like his mom.  Both Zachary and I would rather know what is going to happen so that we can look forward to it and count down the days...instead of being surprised.  Anyways, we left home on a Friday morning. The first stop was a "surprise" breakfast at a local theme park that we have season passes for.  It is Kids Fest at the park which means they bring in all kinds of kids characters.  I called ahead and ordered  private breakfast bunch tickets and character sighting.  Z had no idea until one of the moms in line started talking about how we were going to eat breakfast with Sponge Bob (SB) & Patrick. For those of you who know me well you know that I am not a fan of SB.  However being that it was Big Brother weekend I caved and said ok to the idea. Here's Kevin and Z enjoying the breakfast.  Yes, Zachary loves sausage and bacon...just like his daddy.
 This was the expression on his face when SB and P came out on the floor.
 Here they come...
 I don't know what it is but Z would not get up there by himself. 
 We were not planning on staying at the theme park because it was like 110 degrees outside...for real. But Z wanted to ride some kiddie rides so we stayed for a hour.  While there Kevin told him he could do a carnival game. I must say I love this theme park because they let the kid play until they win. Fortunately, Zachary made the basket on the 2nd try. 

 One of the most exciting things of our weekend get-away is my sister, brother-in-law and nephews gave me a gift card for a one night stay in an indoor water park/hotel for my birthday (back in November).  We finally got to use it...we would have used it sooner if it hadn't had been for the morning sickness. But it turned out to be the most perfect time to enjoy it.  The hotel room have a kid's alcove that houses bunk beds and a flat screen tv.  Z was in heaven. He climbed on the top bunk and grabbed his remote as soon as we checked in.
 After a little resting, we all went down to the indoor water park for some fun. Here's one of the water slides.
 Z playing in the kiddie pools
 After the swimming, Kevin took Z to mini-golf while I took a nap and put my swollen feet up.  On the second day we woke up early and hit one of our favorite go-cart tracks.  We found an amazing deal on track passes at our local water theme park so we stopped by their first to get a 50% off track pass and then went to the go-carts.  
 Here are the boys waiting for their turn on the Hard Rock Go Cart Track.  While they stood in line and rode the carts I sat and watched.  I can't tell you how many people came over to tell me "God bless you" or "Are you ok in this heat?"  One sweet gentleman brought me a bottled water.  I could have gone into the air conditioned inside area but I was having too much fun enjoying Kev & Z. 
 They are on the one in the back ground coming down the hill.
 Both of them loved it. I think they rode it 3 more times before we went to something else.
 Off to the side of the track they have this photo op station. Here they are in a rock band. 
 Kevin made me have a turn too.  Rock on!
 After the big kids rides, Z wanted to drive his own cart.  He loved it!
 Next up was the bumper boats.  Kevin had no idea how wet they were going to get.  Hee hee...
 Remember that amazing deal I mentioned...well it was so amazing that after 4 hours+ at the track we still had rides left on the card so the next morning we went back for some more.  We were the first ones at the track...even before some of the employees. Kev and Z couldn't wait to ride the Rock N Roll carts again. 
After a few more hours at the track we got some lunch and went to a few outlet malls. Then it was time to head home.  We had a great weekend.  It was so much fun to spoil Zachary one last time before his baby brother arrives.  Kevin and I enjoyed having a weekend with no committments, phone calls, and office work. 

1 comment:

Lori said...

LOVE this! What a sweet memory for your family of 3. In a few years, think about how much fun Will will have joining the big boys.