Monday, August 8, 2011

34 weeks

This week Baby Will is approximately 4.5lbs - 5.0 lbs.

This week he weighs the same as a 5.0lb bag of frozen chicken breast. 



Chalkboard countdown this week says...Less than 41 days! Yikes! I've gotta get this nursery done!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 26 lbs. At my OB appointment today I gained 1 lb.
Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes.

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Sleeping! I am still using my pregnancy pillow but it's not working as well as it was during the 2nd trimester. I am so uncomfortable. It doesn't help that as soon as I get in bed & in position Baby Will thinks it is time to wake up and play. He has some super ninja skills.

Cravings: Desserts and Candy....not a good craving to have. Especially when Kevin is trying to watch what he eats.

Symptoms: Besides the "normal" pregnancy symptoms I spent a morning and afternoon in Labor & Delivery for contractions, nausea, and cramping. I had no idea what was going on because I never felt one stinkin' contraction with Zachary....no braxton hicks nothing. These contractions started on a Wednesday night while my mom and sister were coming home from a mini-shopping trip in KC. I just figured I did too much.  They finally went away and I was able to sleep that night. The next morning things got worse so I called my OB.  They sent me immediately to L&D.  Mom came to keep me company while my sister took care of Z for me. Z was scared that his mama was in the hospital.  After an hour of monitoring, getting "checked", and a UA they finally discovered I had a UTI which was causing the mentstral like cramping and contractions.  I was relieved...not quite ready for Mr. Will to arrive.  The past three days have been rough. I feel terrible and I am in a lot of pain. So far the antibiotics haven't helped...I go back to the OB on Monday so I'm hoping to feel better after that.

Exciting things this week: My sweet girlfriends from my Sunday School class are hosting a Baby shower for me & Will.  More than anything I am just looking forward to a nice afternoon with my girls, my mom, and my mother-in-law.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Week by week Hil, you are looking more and more ready to be over with this pregnancy. I can tell in your picture this week you are weary. Praying that your body heals quickly... I can relate, I got one after Asher was born. Talk about excruciating!!!