Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sunday School Baby Shower

My sweet girlfriends in my Sunday School class at church hosted a very yummy and fun baby celebration for Will & me.  They went all out on the details and colors so that it matched the color scheme of Will's nursery.  Betsy hosted the shower at her house and ordered this adorable/yummy cake that matched everything.  Man, it was GOOD! 

 Here I am with the shower hostess's...Laura, Julie, Chrissy, & Betsy
Chrissy was in charge of the invitations, decorations, and some of the yummy food.  The decorations were adorable! 
 Betsy made a Mocha Punch that was to die for...it reminded me of Arby's Jamocha shake. Oh it was so good!
 Heres the lunch buffet line.  Everyone brought something...I think I went back for thirds it was so good!
 I have a ton of pictures opening the sweet gifts they got Will.  This is one of them with me actually looking at the camera. I must add that my sweet friend Lori was my photographer.  Whenever there is an event that I need pictures and Lori is there I "make" her take the pics. Thank you Lori! 

I was telling a girlfriend of mine that I felt odd having a baby shower for my second baby boy.  There is not a lot of things we need but it was so much fun celebrating Will.  I also told my girlfriend that showers for the 2nd baby (of the same gender) are kinda more fun because you don't just get the necessities...instead you get the fun, sweet, custom made items that are awesome. My friend Julie got Will this pacifier that is attached to a monkey. They didn't have these when Z was a baby. I can't wait to use it.  We got lots of books for Will, new towels which are a must have because Zachary's have holes in them, a new bathtub, cute clothes, our bedding ( Thanks Grams & Pops), the nursery lamp (Thanks MaMaw & PaPaw), some custom made "W" clothes and applique onsies that Chrissy made, and some neat blankets, and lovies.  I was overwhelmed at the support, love, and generosity of my girlfriends.  They were TOO much! 
 I also thought it was sweet that my SS class included my mom, Mother-in-law, & sister on the guest list.  We had a great afternoon!

A huge thank you to Betsy, Chrissy, Julie, and Laura for making the shower so special. I love you guys!

No comments: