Thursday, August 25, 2011

36 weeks!

36 weeks!

I was supposed to purchase a 6lb crenshaw melon but I had no idea what that was.  I'm way to tired to make a extra trip to the store to get a piece of fruit. I'm sure I'll regret this but I am hoping to get back on the food comparison for this week.
Baby Will is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during her nine-month amniotic bath.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term.


Chalkboard countdown this week says...Less than 26 days!



Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 26 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes.

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Sleeping! However I realize that I will not get my "normal" sleeping in for about the next 6-12 months.

Cravings: Desserts, Chocolate, and Candy....not a good craving to have. Especially when Kevin is trying to watch what he eats.

Symptoms:

Exciting things this week:  My "Peacock" relatives hosted a very sweet, cute baby shower for Will yesterday.  It was great to see everyone and celebrate the new addition to the family. 
Also I went to the OB on Monday...this might be TMI for the blog but Will's heartrate was steady at 141 beats per minute. I am 2cm dialated and 50% effaced.  Baby is head down but not engaged.  Dr. thinks it will be 2 more weeks before I am ready to go into labor.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I bet you are antsy now. That's interesting to know that you are already 2cm! and 50 % Good luck. Can't wait to see what Will looks like. I bet he looks just like Z!