Thursday, August 18, 2011

35 Weeks!

Baby Will doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds.  Because of my recent pregnancy side effects I did not feel like making a trip to the store :(so I don't have a food item to compare the baby's size to).  Will's kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Chalkboard countdown this week says...Less than 35 days! Yikes! I've gotta get this nursery done!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 26 lbs. At my OB appointment  I did not gain any weight.

Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes.

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!
Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Sleeping! 

Cravings: Desserts, Chocolate, and  Candy....not a good craving to have. Especially when Kevin is trying to watch what he eats.
Symptoms: This past weekend was rough. I was having contractions and menstral-like cramps all day Saturday.  I was MISERABLE...in fact my husband came into the bathroom and saw me crying. He was shocked because I rarely ever cry because of physical pain. I have a very high pain tolerance.  He knew from the look on my face that I was hurting. I spend most of the day on the couch.  Come to find out I have ANOTHER UTI.  So I was put back on antibiotics.  I go back to my OB on Monday so I am praying that the medicines have taken affect. 
Exciting things this week: I FINALLY got myself and Zachary packed for the hospital...just in case my water would break or I would go into labor. I doubt I do.  However my nephew came 13 days early and surprised my sister to pieces when her water broke spontaneously.  We also executed a solid plan on what to do with Zachary should need to head to L and D quickly. 

1 comment:

Katy said...

Hillary, I had no idea you had a blog! You look great. I am glad the pregnancy is going well. I wish you the best of luck!