Thursday, September 1, 2011

My best friends baby....

Last week Mel & I got together with Zachary & Charley to have lunch and a playdate.  We took this little picture on my phone when Kevin was home for lunch. Not knowing that it would be our last preggo picture together. Mel has been in pre-term labor for the past 6 weeks.  Every night I sleep with my phone and wait for her calls or text. 
With that being said, that Friday night when I spoke to Mel before we went to bed she said that nothing was going on with the baby and that she was done anticipating his/her arrival. She was just going to be induced on Monday (the 29th) and that was it.  After talking with her I put my phone on the charger in the kitchen and turned it to silent.  BIG MISTAKE.  Kev & I went to bed. I can honestly say it was the BEST sleep I have had this entire pregancy. I was dead to the world. So much so that when Kevin left for KC and Z woke up neither one of them could get me awake. I felt like I had been drugged.  When I finally got out of bed my cell phone was vibrating on the counter. It was Mel. I almost didn't answer it because I needed some coffee but I answered. She said, "HELLO?  Did you take a Benedryl last night or what?"  "I had the baby last night".  I thought she was joking then I looked down at my phone and I had over 17 missed texted messages and over 10 missed calls.  I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I missed it.  I was so mad at myself.

Later that afternoon, my mom, Zachary, and I went up to the hospital to see Mel's baby GIRL!  That's right she has two girls and I will have two boys.  Chandler Mae was here and she is so beautiful! Zachary just loved her.....I think he loved her so much because it wasn't his sibling :) 

 My mom and I couldn't get enough of Miss Chandler.

 Poor Mel...Chandler came so fast that her 2 epidurals and 2 spinals did not work.  Thankfully Chandler came in 2 hours so it was quick.
 Chandler and Will

 While we were there Big Sister Charley came in.  Zachary took her a purple gorilla.  Here is C with her Dad and the shirt my mom brought her. Charley was doing so well with her duties as BIG SIS. 
To be honest...I'm a little jealous that Melody is all done. She can sleep comfortably and hold her newborn.  However I know it won't be much longer. 

No comments: