Sunday, September 4, 2011

1st day of Pre-K

Monday August 29th was a much anticipated day for Zachary.  You see all of his friends are starting Kindergarten...including his best friend/cousin Elliott.  This has just about killed Z.  He does not understand why he could not start Kindergarten too.  After a lot of discussion and explaination he still does not get it.  So we explained that he got to go to PRE-KINDERGARTEN.  Some how that worked. So here he is on his first day of Pre-K! 
 Our little man is so excited!  A couple funny things about Z starting Pre-K.  We have used the same backpack for the past 3 years at preschool. It is solid blue with his name embroidered on it.  It's perfect with a matching lunch box.  However Z informed me last week that it is not COOL. Where do they get this stuff!  He told me that all the other kids have fun, character lunchboxes and backpacks. Really?  After talking with Kevin one night Kevin asked me to remember back to when I was in school.  He asked me if I would have rathered a Cabbage Patch backpack or a solid pink backpack with my name on it?  To be honest I would have loved to have a backpack with my name on it because nothing ever had my name on it. But I got the point.  So the next day I took Z to the store to pick his "COOL" backpack. I can't believe at almost 5 we are already into the "cool thing".  Anyways, he picked Green.Lantern stuff.  Whoever that is?  He was thrilled. 
 Mommy & Zachary (and Will)
 This was so sweet. As we were taking pics Z just leaned over (all by himself) and put his head on my belly.  It melted my overly emotional pregnant heart.  After this moment we discussed that next year when he was going to 'real' Kindergarten that Will would be standing up there with us.  It's hard to believe!
 The "COOL" backpack!
As Z starts school I just pray that he clings tight to his life verse Proverbs 3: 5-8. 

No comments: