Saturday, September 10, 2011

38 weeks!

38 weeks
Will is approximately 7-7.5 lbs measuring 19-20 inches long. He is considered full term!  The vegetable of  the week is a 7lb pumpkin however none of the local stores or roadside stands have their pumpkins out for fall yet.  So I had to adlib with one of our decorative fall pumpkins.  Z thought this was cool! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I haven't been good about updating this part of the blog.When I was pregnant with Z I gained 33 lbs.  I always thought when I would be pregnant with #2 I would be one of those people who practiced self-control and would gain a modest 20 lbs with their second. Well that was not me! Instead I have gained 34-35 lbs thus far.  It's so bad. My mind talks me into eating more dessert, more candy, or food.  I know this will be my "last" time to enduldge in whatever so I have.  I keep telling myself I am going to regret this when I have to get my bum on the treadmill but for now I will continue to treat myself to ice cream, chocolate, candy, dessert, etc. 

Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes. I'm about to start going naked...I can't stand to have things touching my big ole belly!  My sister makes fun of me but as soon as I know I am going to be home for the day or night I take off all my clothes and put on an over-sized night gown. She calls it my MuMu.  She came to my house one day at like 1 in the afternoon and I greeted her at the door in it. She about died! 

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is slowing down...I still feel him but it's almost like he is in slow motion. He's out of space.

What I miss: Being 34 lbs lighter!  I am exhausted. I have started to snore which I have never done in my life time. I get tired easily. 

Cravings: Desserts, Chocolate, and Candy....not a good craving to have. Especially when Kevin is trying to watch what he eats.

Symptoms: Well, as I end this journey of pregnancy I can honestly say that my body has had enough.  I am having recurrent UTI's, still on antibiotics for those.  Then I am contracting all the time, having false labor issues, and then this week I had some bleeding.  Scared me to pieces.  Come to find out it was nothing but it caused me to spend an entire day at Labor & Delivery for observation and then that afternoon I had my regular OB appointment. LONG DAY! 

On Monday, I saw my OB for my weekly appointment. I'm still 3cm, 60% effaced and measuring 42 weeks. She said Will could come anytime on his own but she would not induce me until my 39th week.  Actually she set the induction date for my original due date which is exactly the start of my 40 week. Next Friday Sept. 16th.... I can't lie I was a bit bummed. I thought I would at least get to be induced a week early but it's okay.  It's just 6 more days.

Exciting things this week: We are ready! Nursery is done! Carseats are in our vehicles! Bags are loaded in my van!  I am pre-registered! Epidural video at hospital has been watched and signed off on!  Cameras are charged!  Now we are just hanging out waiting on Will!

2 comments:

Casey and Kim said...

Bless your little heart! Have another cookie!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Almost there Hil! Will will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see him.