Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swimming Lession #1

Zachary returned to Swimming Lessons with Coach D this year. Here are some pictures from his first lesson. I was a little nervous that he forgot everything from last summer but after about 5 minutes in the water it looked like it was coming back to him. Since these pictures were taken 2 weeks ago I have seen a GREAT improvement. He is to the point where I can confidently watch him swim in the 4 ft and under without worrying that he is going to choke or drowned. It took him forever to realize and learn how to hold his breath. Now he's got it and won't get out of the water. I'm still leary of him in the deep end but Coach is working on this and I am hoping by the end of summer we have mastered the beginning stages of swimming without a life jacket or floaties. He still has a way to go on his "Michael Phelps" swimming form but I am just thankful that he is getting the basics.





  

1 comment:

Emily said...

I like the kick too! He's doing so great!!