Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

On Sunday of our Memorial Day weekend we all went out to my in-laws house for dinner and family time.  It was so nice to be able to sit down together as a family and eat dinner together.  When we arrived we quickly realized that Zachary & Jerrytt had the same outfit on. Z thought it was the coolest thing ever!
 After a yummy dinner we headed down to my in-laws neighbor (Mr. John) pond to fish for catfish.  I loved this pic of the boys with their poles walking together. If you could only hear the gabbering that was coming out of their mouths. They were discussing who was going to catch the first fish.
 Here are the fisherman getting ready to get started. I've said this before but they truly are best buddies and they really enjoy their time together.
 Z showing you his worm
 Kevin caught the first fish which Z reeled in.  This is the best picture I got because as soon as Kevin took it off the line he tossed it back in.  I couldn't even get a pic fast enough.
 Here's pops with his catch....a twig
 Z, Pops, & Pawpa (in background) fishing together.
 Here's Uncle Matt's catch with the boys
 I love this one....it was time to go back for dessert.  Z started crying and throwing a huge fit.  ***Disclaimer:  Zachary has gone at least a year or so without having a huge meltdown. Just this week we have had 2-3 major crying melt downs.  Not sure if it is just a stage, if it is the fact that Baby Brother is to be arriving in 14 weeks, our summer schedule or what?  Kevin and I are praying that it only last a week or so.  Pray for us :)
Zachary was upset because he techincally did not catch a fish.  I was trying to get a group shot and this is how it went.
 Finally one with everyone but Z having a good time.
We had a great night...minus the mosquitoes, runny noses, and itchy eyes.  Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I will pray for you guys and Z through this time. TRUST me, I have been there. Ana went through a VERY rough patch when adjusting to P, but it wasn't until AFTER the baby came. Hopefully he will get it out of his system now, and not when you are tired and dealing with a newborn. This too shall pass! Hang in there!