Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Aunt Ann, Uncle Wayne & Megan arrive!

A week ago Saturday (June 4th) my Aunt Ann, Uncle Wayne, and cousin  Megan arrived for a week long visit.  We were all super excited because it had been at since 2007 that we had seen them.  We were supposed to head to Pennsyvania last summer after Jerrytt arrived however the week we planned to go my sister had to have emergency gall bladder surgery. 

My mom had been working on getting her house ready for 9 extra house guest, plan the weeks social events, and the meals for the past month.  My other cousins Adrienne, Doug, & Evan (3 months) were to arrive on Wednesday and then Jennifer, Jack, & Duke (18months) were to arrive on Thursday.  It had been a long awaited visit! 


As soon as my mom & brother-in-law, Matt returned from the airport we headed over to my parents house for dinner to to reconnect.  Jerrytt was thrilled to finally meet Uncle Wayne. Both of my sisters children look very similar to how my uncle looked when he was a little boy.
My sweet cousin Megan brought gifts for Zachary & Will.  You might remember this blog post I did back in November or my cousin Megan's blog post about our "Pappy's Dream Team Jerseys".  Well she was so thoughtful and brought Baby Will one of the "team shirts".  While everyone was in town we had family pictures taken so we put the boys 1-5 into their shirts. We put Will's (#6) shirt on a bear and took it to the pictures. They came out perfect....that's an entire blog post in itself.
 On the next evening we went to a local establishment that "throws rolls". It was my Aunt Ann's personal request because she had not been there for years and she loves their rolls. It's always a fun time and a great place to take company.   While we were waiting for our table my mom and her brother got a pic together.


 While we were waiting for our food I jumped up on top of another tables bench to take a group shot.  Meanwhile someone at our table grabbed my camera to get a shot of me taking the group pic. I must admit it was kinda funny having a pregnant lady standing up taking the pic.  Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the group shot...I must have forgotten to take one on my camera.
 My Aunt Ann wanted Ribs....check these puppies out!
 Let's just say we all had A LOT of leftovers!
After dinner we went home to get ready for our next day....a tea room, BBQ, and card games!

No comments: