Sunday, June 12, 2011

25 weeks

I'm a week behind...again. The past week we have spent with our Pennsyvania family so I have neglected the blog. We had a great time and I can't wait to catch up on the blogs from our visit. 

25 Weeks Pregnant:   Baby Will weighs approx 1.5 lbs to 2.00 lbs.

Size of baby: Baby will is approximately 16 inches long (Head to toe)...the size of a cucumber.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 20 lbs. This time during my last pregnancy I had only gained 14.  My OB assures me that its because of the heat, it being my 2nd pregnancy, and the fact that my body was in starvation mode during the first 15 weeks.  I am going to enroll in water aerobics this week so that I can stay within a healthy weight gain range this time. 

Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes. I feel like I am getting big, fast!

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. I am starting to feel a lot more jabs and flips. My OB said he is head down with his feet in my left rib cage. Boy, that sure is comfortable. LOL! Kevin & Zachary can see him moving without even having their hand on my belly.

What I miss: Being able to carry Zachary. I can't do it...he's just too heavy for me.

Cravings: This week all I have wanted to eat is Strawberries.  I can't get enough of them. I stop by the grocery store daily to pick up a new batch. 
Symptoms: Heartburn, massive swelling of the fingers and ankles, and Braxton Hicks contractions. My OB ordered me to remove my wedding ring.  I did not have to do this at all with Z so I was rather surprised.  Lucky for me I was able to find a $5.00 toe ring (size 4) to put on my finger so I still look married. HA!
Best Moment this week: Going to the OB for the 25 week visit and hearing Will's strong heartbeat.  It's music to my ears. 

No comments: