Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pennsylvania Family Reunion....

I apologize for just getting back to our Pennsyvania families visit but I had to gather some pictures for the final post. Our week was filled with meals, water park fun, theme park fun, family pictures with 18 people, and time with our cousins.

Unfortunately I still don't have pictures from our family dinner out to the seafood buffet, etc but I am afraid if I don't get those post done it will never get done. I am so behind. So here are some final pics from our visit together.

The biggest blessing to me is that no matter how much time passes between our visits my time with my cousins, Adrienne, Jenn, and Megan, we always reconnect like we have always been together. I have so many fond memories as a child at my Pappy's house in PA where all of us girls would run, skip, skin our knees & drop our mylar balloon that Pappy bought us at the parade on the walk way of Merrill Street. As we have grown up we still have so many things in common....amazing husbands, wonderful boys, the love of cooking, and many other commonalities. I must say that I think it is totally awesome that we have found husbands that all get a long, support us and help out with our busy boys, and who "get" the Wood/Peacock cousin stories. As we were standing in the heat in matching white and khaki clothing taking the family picture I couldn't help but thank God for the blessings of these men. Not a lot of husbands would have put up with the circus of family pics, matchy clothes, and the wait lets take one more picture. Meanwhile Kevin said that he would 100% be friends with my cousins husbands....even if he didn't have too. HA! He totally enjoyed their visit too. What a blessing!

This photo is compliments of http://www.owensportfolio.com/ our wonderful friend and photographer took amazing pictures of all of us.  Here are the boys in their "Pappy's Dream Team" Jerseys that my cousin Megan had made.  My only regret is that the boys are in backwards order.  It was so chaotic getting all the boys to sit still long enough for a photo that we just set them down where they were.  However it is adorable.
In birth order:  Elliott (1st great-grandson), Zachary (2), Duke (3), Jerrytt (4), Evan (5), and soon to be Baby Will (6). 
Pappy's Dream Team in my Pappy's rocking chair that he sat in as a young boy.  Let me just say that my Pappy & Grandma Rachel were looking down on us this morning. It was a miracle that we got smiles from all of these little guys. It just so happened that June 10th was my grandparents 68th wedding anniversary and we had group pictures on this day.  No one planned it that way. My mom just realized it after the photos were taken. I am sure my grandparents in heaven were thrilled that we were all together on their special day. 
Our group photo again compliments of Owens Photography.

Kevin knawing a turkey leg at a theme park
Doug knawing his turkey leg
The water riders drying out in a dryer after a very wet ride
Grams loving on Baby Evan before he went back to the airport.  My mom couldn't get enough of all of these little boys.
Zachary, Evan, and Elliott with Grams


We had a wonderful visit!  We can't wait for our next visit!

No comments: