Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1st Tee Ball Game 6/03/2011

Zachary & Elliott had their first ever Tee Ball game on June 3rd, 2011.  I kinda surprised myself because as the time and day drew closer I realized how excited/nervous I was about their game.  I am so going to be one of those over-the-top "soccer" moms with her mini-van packed with sporting equipment, wearing a team jersey with a huge button pin on my shirt of my boys & their numbers.  I knew it was going to be a hot, sweaty night but there was no way I was going to miss the excitement of their first game. 

Kevin and Uncle Matt are coaching on the field during games and helping at weekly practices. I think it's e every dads dream to help out with sports.  A dear friend of ours, Coach Darling is the head coach.  He called Kevin back in February to recruit Zachary for the team.  (I don't remember this phone call at all because I was so sick with the pregnancy). Months later Kevin says it was time to get fitted for the team uniform and I had no idea what he was talking about.  Coach Darling informed us we needed 2-3 more players and asked if we knew of anyone interested.  I called my sister immediately to see if Elliott was interested and within seconds Elliott was on the phone telling me he wanted to be #5.  It worked out perfectly!

Daddy giving Zachary a pep-talk before the 1st game and helping him get his cleats tied.
 Zachary's excited for his first game!
 He asked me to take a picture of his number.  When we asked Z what number he immediately said "66".  We tried to get him to pick a number 1-10 but he insisted on 66. Not quite sure where that came from but we let him pick it :)
 Before the first game the team gathered for official team pictures.  Talk about a nightmare!  If I was so hot, sweaty, pregnant, and holding about 50 things in my arms Zachary would have been taken out.  He was not good Terrible!  Kevin was already inside the gate guarding the team snacks we brought or Z would have been taken to the car.  Basically whenever the photographer got the team positioned she would return to her camera to take the shot.  Zachary would move over away from the group. See the kid on the back row....on the far right....That's Z.  The photographer would get back up to re-position him and he would move again.  I was fuming.  After that was taken care of he started tipping his hat down over his face.  See pic below...
 At this point I was ready to pull Z from the team picture and take him home. We had a "discussion" and eventually he cooperated.  Boy, was I mad. I will never forget it!
 Finally a good picture!
Elliott & Zachary are very lucky that their grandparents are super excited about their sporting events.  They help the boys practice their tee ball and come to their games.  I told my parents their social calendar is going to be very packed when all 4 grandsons are in sporting events.
 Zachary hitting the ball and running to 1st.
 Elliott was selected as the "catcher". He was so adorable in his uniform.  He did really well too!
 Here he is at the fence telling us he was ready to bat again and that he wanted to take the catchers stuff off.  It was priceless!
The boys did fantastic for their first game.  We have already had their 2nd game and they have already improved so much. It's going to be a fun summer!

No comments: