Wednesday, June 29, 2011

28 weeks

28 Weeks:   Will is currently 199 days old and I am 71.1% of the way through the pregnancy.  Only 81 days until Will's due date....Sept. 18th

This week Will is the size of a butternut squash.  By the end of this week, Will Collins will weigh approximately 2 lbs 9 oz to 3 lbs 11 oz. I think he favors on the bigger size because Zachary was a big baby and because I am becoming a BIG mama!

 This week Zachary said that "WILL" could stand by himself and that Big Brother did not have to hold him.  TOO FUNNY! 


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I have officially gained 20 lbs. I go back to the OB Tomorrow so I will have a better idea about my weight gain. 
Maternity Clothes: Besides shirts and dresses...all I wear is maternity clothes. I feel like I am getting big, fast!

Gender: He's a BOY! We have officially named him William Collins and we are going to call him Will. He is named after some very special relatives and friends...which I love that he will have role models to look up to!

Movement: Baby Austin is a mover. We can constantly see his little body moving all the time. Zachary was the same way....praying that I have enough energy to handle play with both of my boys when Will arrives.

What I miss: Being able to carry Zachary. I can't do it...he's just too heavy for me AND SLEEPING!  I wake up a lot in the night because I am hot or uncomfortable.  My body automatically wakes at 6 am.  I just pop up ready to go for the day. Usually I will hit the treadmill for a walk or drink a cup of coffee with my daily devotion before the rest of the house wakes up. To be honest...I love this time.  However by 9 pm I am EXHAUSTED! 

Cravings: This week all I have wanted to eat is Strawberries and I crave sweets (Wives tales says that this is totally sign that the baby is a girl....so anyone who is pregnant and does not know what they are having please disregard this wives tale. It is true for boys too.)

Symptoms: This week I did a lot better with dehydration and the braxton hix contrations.  I am really focusing on drinking a ton of water.  However the heart burn has come back. My biggest issue is charlie horses and leg/foot cramping. 

Exciting things this week:  We FINALLY purchased Will's crib for his nursery.  I really put this off because of the recent crib recalls but I had to finally had to make a decision because most of the cribs take 5-16 weeks to come in and I only have approx. 11 weeks left.  I have my blood glucose test tomorrow at the OB. I'm praying I pass it this time. With Zachary I failed it by 6 points and have to take the 3 hour test.  Pray for me! 

No comments: