Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pictures of our new little BOY!

I have had several questions about whether or not we are 100% sure we are having a BOY! My best friend Melody is still in denial.  To be honest I think I would be too if....
1) I hadn't seen the baby in full action and
2) the photos were not so obvious.
So I thought I would share. I took these pics with my iphone so they are not the best. I did not want to scan because I did not want to edit the name on the ultrasound for privacy sake. 

The first pictue is the first thing we saw when the ultrasound tech put the wand on my growing belly.  It sure was a good thing we wanted to know what the baby was.  The same thing happened with Zachary.  I immediately asked, "is it a boy?"  The lady ignored me so I asked again. She said, "we usually start at the top and go down to check all the anatomy first." I said, "I understand that but I saw a boy part (using the correct anatomical name)."  I also told her that I would be able to focus more on the rest of the ultrasound if I knew. So she said, "Yes it is a boy!"  Geez...it wasn't like we couldn't tell.  Kevin and I have decided we have the most non-modest children in the world. Zachary posed the exact same way during his ultrasound and he still loves to be naked.  I cannot keep clothes on him unless he is in public. 

I guess this little guy is going to be the same way.  We have a very proud little guy!  It's a little blurry from my phone but you can definitely tell it's a boy


This picture is of two photos combined....the first pic on the  baby's head (he is looking up so its a profile shot). The second picture is of the baby's legs. If you look right in between the his legs you can see his man parts again.
In this picture you can his little foot on the right and his hand and arm on the left. 
Here's the last one...Baby Boy is looking up and waving at us.  The white area you see on his head is his maxilla and mandible (the upper and lower jaw bones)....Kevin and I were thrilled to see those formed completely :)

We think he's pretty cute. We are just so relieved and thankful that he has all of his parts, bones, and that everything is working. He truly is a miracle baby considering I have only been able to keep about 5 prenatal vitamins down this entire time and he survived all of my medicines.  Thank you for the prayers. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Horgan said...

HAHAHAHA!!! We have a similar picture of Duke! So cute. Little monkeys - even in the belly.

Aubrey said...

Congratulations, Hilary! I know I'm a little late on the gender news, but I am so excited that Zachary will have a little brother!

Our girls both did the "sitting on a copy machine" pose just so we were 100% clear that they were ALL GIRL. I hope they develop some modesty well before their teenage years... :)

Misty said...

Wow, your gender pic is WAY obvious. Goodness... there is no doubt HE is a HE!!!! LOL