Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gender Reveal!

On Monday night we hosted our "Gender Reveal" Party.  Zachary and I chalked the front entry to greet our guests.
Only Kevin & I knew the gender of the baby.  When I sent out the invites for the party I asked party guest to wear either pink or blue depending on what they thought the baby was.  I was so excited when all of the guest came in pink and blue (and my sis in green because she didn't have blue).  We started the evening with Guess the Baby's Birth Date on the Calendar.

Here is a collage of our party guest in their colors....

Here is the "Candy" Bar & Dessert Bar with Cake Pops, Cupcakes, and toothbrushes
Team Pink

 Team Blue
***Please note the laptop in the background...My Aunt Ann in PA was able to attend the party via *SKYPE.  (technically she was team pink)
 After introductions and team pictures Big Brother Zachary opened a gift to reveal the gender of the baby.  He opened it SO SLOWLY.  I thought I was going to have to open it for him.
 Here it is...Baby is a BOY!
 My sweet friend Lori took pictures for me to get the reaction of the guests.  We had a lot of suprised guests.
 My best friend Mel was holding back the tears because she really wanted me to have a daughter. 
 Showing "Aunt" Steph the "boy parts".
 Mel couldn't believe it....but let me say we are 100% without a doubt sure that He's a BOY!
 Pops and MaMaw checking out the ultrasound pics
 Aunt Rachel just knew it was a boy...
 Big Brother holding up his Baby Brothers first outfit
The last picture of the night was taken by my dad.....isn't this sweet. Big Brothers...Elliott and Zachary are best buddies.
We had the best night celebrating Baby Boy!  I am so glad I through the party for ourselves because it was a lot of fun to surprise our family and friends, it was also great to celebrate this little guy that God blessed us with, and it will probably be the last time my house sees this much pink. LOL!  We feel so fortunate to have such an amazing support group that will help us raise our boys!  Thank you to everyone who was present for the Gender Reveal!

1 comment:

Lori said...

The party was a BLAST! You decorated so cute (as always!) and it was so much fun being with you guys as you celebrated your growing family. Thanks for letting be a part of it!