Saturday, April 16, 2011

Coming Soon: Gender Reveal Party

*** I have set up a BLOG POLL....its over to the left of this blog post.....so don't forget to vote on what the gender of this baby is going to be.  I will tell you this.....Boys run in Hilary's (mom) side of the family.  (We have one boy, my sister has 2 boys, and my two cousins each have a boy ...no girls.  On Kevin's side of the family there are 2 girls and Zachary)  Good luck!

I have had a lot of questions about our upcoming ultrasound, so I thought I would post a little bit about it on our blog.  Back when I was sick my husband brought home a "cake pop" from a local bakery that was a left over from an office party.  It was beautiful!  However there was no way in the world I was going to eat it.  I couldn't eat anything however that cake pop laying in front of me sparked an idea. 
I cannot take the credit for coming up with the concept of a Gender Reveal party.  I had seen a few online and I remembered them.  Basically because I wanted an excuse to have cake pops and I love a good excuse to have family and friends in our home. I decided to throw ourselves our very own party.

Here's the details....On Monday April 18th, Kevin and I are having our ultrasound.  Of course we are praying for 10 fingers, 10 toes, a healthy heart, functioning kidneys, smart brain, and a healthy baby.  That is our #1 desire.  After we find out all of the parts are functioning we will be finding out the gender of the baby.  Kevin and I wish we were that cool, calm, and laid back couple that does not find out the gender of the baby but we are WAY TO TYPE A for that. We want to know, we want to plan, and we want to celebrate the rest of the 20 weeks. Which brings be back to the party....so we will find out that morning the gender of the baby.  From there we will go have lunch and then go pick out a gender specific baby gift and have it wrapped in blue and pink.  Later that night our close family and friends will be coming over to induldge in cake pops, cupcakes, and a full blue & pink candy bar. I have asked our guest to arrive in either pink or blue; depending on what they think the gender will be.  I can already tell you I will be wearing Team Blue and Kevin will be wearing Team Pink. At the party we will be taking Team Blue & Team Pink photos, guessing the baby's 'birth' day, and then we will have the big reveal.  Big Brother Zachary will open the present when all the guest are present to reveal what the baby's gender is.

As for all of our other family and friends on FB & my blog I bet you are wondering when you will find out. Well we are going to post the gender on FB and I will have an automatic blog set up to go at 8 p.m. (Central Time).  I will also send out some text messages AFTER we have the reveal, as well. 

It's hard for me to believe that I am already to this point in my pregnancy.  There were several hours and days that I could not see this day in my future because of the hyperemeresis gravidarium (extreme morning sickness).  I'm sure some people think it's silly to throw ourselves a little party but my thoughts are this....it's our last biological child, I survived hypermeresis gravidarium (extreme morning sickness), I love an excuse to eat cake pops, candy, and most importantly celebrate this baby that God has given us with our closest family and friends. 

I do have one favor...please pray for our ultrasound on Monday. Pray that the baby is healthy, pray that mommy is healthy, and pray that Baby #2 cooperates!  Thanks!  I'll keep you updated

3 comments:

Casey and Kim said...

Some of your cousins have girls: speaking up for matt and john!

But I think it's a boy. But I hope it's a girl! Ha!

Julie said...

I'm Type A too when it comes to the gender and have no idea how I could survive the last half without knowing. Praying for you guys on Monday!

Misty said...

Where is the voting thing. Did I miss something somewher on the Blog? Help.... Praying for you girl. I am sure it will all be fine. I'm voting for a girl.