Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Zacharyism's

Zachary is turning into quite the funny kid.  He has always had a funny sense of humor but sometimes Kevin and I are blown away at his comments, his thoughts, and his one liners. 

*As most of you know he is very hot natured. He easily gets overheated so you will often see him without his shirt on.  Last year I could not get him to wear pjs during spring or summer. This year he wants to wear my t-shirts. It cracks me up because he looks like he is wearing a dress.  This shirt is the only one he wants because it is green and has an alien on it.  Fortunately, Kevin has brought home 3 of these shirts so that I am not washing it all the time. 

*All of the sudden Zachary loves dinosaurs, super heros, and dragons.  I know nothing about these items so I have had to do some online research on these topics.  Raising a boy has been so good for me because I am learning so much.

* Zachary loves nature, birds, and anything that undergoes metamorposis'...including Transformers.  Currently we are in the process of waiting for butterflies to come out of their crystalids.  (Thats another blog post) He enjoys learning about new things...which I love. This is one area I don't have to research because the biology degree in me comes out. Maybe it is a good thing I got that degree....sometimes I wonder since I am still paying my student loans but I am a Stay at home mom. HA! 

*Zacharys common phases are...
"Mom, Do you think that is a good idea?" ...usually it is not a good idea but at least he asks.

"Mom, can I unbuckle my seatbelt now?" ...I love that he asks first. He's a good rule follower..most the time.

"Mom, can we stop by and see the girls?"..he asks this everytime we drive by Kevin's office. Seldom we do stop and then he acts super shy and won't talk to "Kevin's girls"...aka chairside assistants.

Another funny thing is Zachary thinks the number 5 is like infinity.  If I say you can watch this show for 10 minutes he says, no mom how about 5 minutes. He thinks people who are 5 years old are the bomb.  He has an obsession with 5. 

Lastly, Zachary thinks he has 5 babies in his tummy. This all started when my sister announced she was pregnant. Zachary told me one day we needed to buy 5 cribs for our house for his babies. This just so happened the day we stopped by to see Jerrytt's nursery furniture at the store.  I am anxious to see what happens when my sister has baby Jerrytt.  Not sure if he is going to have 5 babies then or if he will forget about them.  I just hope he is not prediciting the future because I don't thing I could handle having 5 babies!

I sure am enjoying my little man. As tough as it is to parent and stay at home all day every day I really do feel blessed.  Some days are great and other days I am pulling my hair out but for this season in my life I am thankful that Zachary is my 24/7 job.  He makes me smile. 

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love Zachary! The teacher in me rejoices that he loves learning and rule following. And the t-shirt dresses and the five babies are especially hilarious. :)

P.S. My girly world is filled with princesses and ponies and rainbows. Through your blog I get glimpses of the other side. If I ever have a boy, I have got some serious reading to do...

Lori said...

I often feel the same way about having a degree, paying on student loans and staying at home. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
Adriana also does the same thing with time. I'll tell her she has 10 more minutes to play and she'll say, "No Mommy, I just play for 2 more minutes". Fine by me. She has no concept of time, I think its too cute!

thetoothchick said...

Love it! He has quite the personality.