Monday, May 3, 2010

Women of Joy!

Last weekend, I did something that I have never done.  I left Zachary and Kevin for 3 days and 2 nights.  There was a WOMEN OF JOY conference near by that I booked a year in advance.  Last year I went for the first night but did not stay the entire weekend because of my friends Rosalyns wedding. This year 4 of my girlfriends from church loaded up in a van and left our families to Praise God, Shop, have much-needed girltime and see Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, & Big Daddy Weave in concert.  It was a wonderful weekend.  More than anything I loved the time with my girlfriends being "REAL" about mommyhood, the daily grind, and our struggles being Godly women.  We stayed up until 3 am, drank lots of coffee, enjoyed each others company, and loved the weekend away. Of course if it was not for my wonderful husband and mom I would not have been able to go. They spoiled Zachary crazy while I was gone. Everyone had a good weekend. 

Here is a photo of Candace Cameron Bure...remember her she was on Full House in the 90s.  She was our Friday night speaker. She shared a wonderful testimony. It was a great start to the weekend.
Me, Betsy, & Julie enjoying dinner.
Waiting for the Concert!
One of the highlights from the weekend was the Saturday night concert with Steven Curtis Chapman & Michael W. Smith. I think I own everyone of their CDs. In fact MWS was the first cd I ever got for a cd player.  They did not disappoint.  We (my girlfriends) campout at the entrance to the convention center for 4 hours to get good seats for the concert. Being that there was 4000 women at this conference we decided to campout, order pizza and wait patiently for the doors to open. We had the best time!  We talked and talked and next thing you know it was time to get seats. We were on the FIFTH row, right in front. I seriously almost wet myself with excitement. I know TMI but that is how excited I was. 
It was a wonderful weekend to get recharged!  I have already reserved my spot for next year....it's Casting Crowns!  I think they are 99% booked for the next one so if you are interested look up Women of Joy 2011. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm a bit jealous that you got to see Candace Cameron, along with that great concert! She was my favorite childhood star and I understand that your sister used to see her at B&BW when she lived in FL.