Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I love Mother's day. I love it because I get to celebrate my mom and my mother-in-law. I also love it because Kevin & Zachary spoil me rotten.  The highlight to my mothers day was that I got to go over to Rachel & Matt's to see Elliott & Jerrytt.  Last Thursday, Zachary came down with a 103 fever which put a quick halt on us going to the hospital to see the baby.  I was heart broken. It was so hard for me to stay at home with a sick kid while I knew everyone was up at the hospital holding me nephie.  Fortunately on Saturday Zachary was symptom free and feeling better.  However I wanted to wait at least another 24 hours until I stopped in to see my new man.  On Sunday after church we popped in for a few minutes to sneak a peek. 
Another special event on Mother's Day was that my parents came out to our house to go out for dinner.  I love to shut the kitchen down for Mother's Day. We enjoyed dinner out and each others company.  My mom is such a wonderful mom and example to me. She is always encouraging me to be the best mom I can be. I know that I will never be able to live up to the mom that she.  She inspires me, loves me & my flaws, and loves my family. She's the best mom & Grammy EVER!  Thank you Mom! 
You would have thought it was Father's day by the way Zachary was attached to Pops.  He couldn't get enough of my dad.  He is such a lucky kid to have such wonderful grandparents!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sounds like a great day! I had a good day too, but am so bummed out that I forgot all about taking pictures on Mothers Day!