Monday, May 10, 2010

5/5/10: Jerrytt's Day

So back when  my sister announced that she was pregnant and due on May 18th she said, " I really hope he is born on 5.5.10 because that would be such a cool birthday".  Of course I thought there was going to be no way that he would be 13 days early, especially since my sister is a scheduled C-section.  My sis was scheduled for her c-section on Tuesday May 11th at noon. I had prepared for childcare for Z. I cleared my calendar and waited impatiently. Well let me just say that Jerrytt did not disappoint any of us.  He picked his own birthday and gave my sister a break by arriving on 5.5.10.  At midnight on 5.5.10 our phone rang and it was my sister.  Kevin had arrived back home from a week long trip in Washington DC.  We were both exhausted so when the phone rang Kevin thought it was a hotel wake up call.  I thought it was our alarm clocks.  My sister tells Kevin her water broke and he hung up.  He tells me and I roll over.  Then my mom calls and I ask her what we were supposed to do.  I hung up and rolled over again.  It took about 7 minutes until I popped up from my bed and said, "MY SISTERS WATER BROKE...I"VE GOTTA GO".  I laid out Z's preschool clothes, packed his lunch and called my in-laws.  Then I went straight to Labor & Delivery. 
 
Fortunately we did not have to wait very long because Jerrytt arrived at 3:45 pm.  It was so exciting!  I was back at home by 5:00 am but was way to excited to go back to bed.  Let me just say that Jerrytt is WONDERFUL, ADORABLE, and super sweet.  He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 19.5 inches long with jet black hair.  He resembles his big brother, Elliott but he also has some of his own characteristics.  I have had a lot of questions about the origination of Jerrytts name so here is it.
Jerrytt Bales Young (Pronounced Jarrett)
Jerrytt is named after my dad, Jerry. Bales is my brother-in-law, Matthews mothers maiden name.  Since Elliott has my moms maiden name, Wood they thought it was perfect to use Matt's moms maiden name for Jerrytt.  I think its perfect!

No comments: