Friday, January 1, 2010

ANTICIPATING

Happy New Year everyone! I love this time of year. I love looking back at the past year and celebrating all of our many blessing and short comings.

Ten years ago today I was in my junior year of college getting ready to head on a Concert Choir trip to Europe. I had my future in my hands. Since the start of 2000, I have graduated with two college degrees, met my husband, lived in a big city, got engaged, became an Aunt to Karsen, got married to my best friend, moved to a freezing cold city, lived in Iowa for a year, moved to our current city, lived in a duplex, got involved at our church, helped husband open a practice, purchased our first home, worked as a dental hygienist full time for 3 years, became an Aunt to Elliott, became pregnant, gave birth to a healthy little boy, worked 8 months part-time, retired to stay at home with Zachary, taken on some leadership positions at our church, watched a friend fight a battle with breast cancer (she WON!!), lost two of my uncles, and made a ton of memories with my family and friends. I have cried happy and sad tears and experienced a lot of joy!
I am blessed and I am ANTICPATING what God has in store for the next 10 years.

I like to look forward and make 3-4 goals for the year. This year I have chosen to chose a main word for our family. A word to focus on. I have chosen the word ANTICPATE. This year we have a lot of exciting things in store.

First, I am ANTICPATING a new nephew coming April/May 2010. I am ANTICPATING the building of a new office for my husband. This is a dream in the making. There is a lot still to do for it but we are ANTICPATING the final product. I am also ANTICPATING getting fit. Lastly I am ANTICIPATING a deeper relationship with my husband, son, parents, in-laws, the rest of the family, and most importantly my savior, Jesus.

My personal goals for this year are....

1. To spend more time in prayer and more time in The Bible. I started this book, "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. IT IS EXCELLENT! The author Stomie Omartian has a gift of using God's Holy scripture to help me see what my role is as Zachary's mom. There is a workbook too that I have found very helpful. I highly recommend this book! 2. To actually use our workout treadmill and elipitical. My goal is to use it at least 3 times a week. We'll see...
Another goal is to drink more water. I am a huge fan of Diet Coke so this one is hard for me.

My last goal is to take better car of my car. This photo is of a car going through a car wash. I could careless if my car is actually washed what I am going to strive to do is keep the interior of the car cleaner. As a mom that is always on the go, I feel that I am in and out of my car several times a day. I load a lot of things in and out of my car daily. By the time I pull in the garage I don't like to get everything out of it. It drives my husband nuts. I leave gum wrappers, coffee cups, Zachary's toys, the drycleaning, receipts, magazines, etc lying in my car for days before I decide I need to get them out. My goal is to be more aware of the "stuff" in my car and remove it when I get home. Again...we'll see if this happens.



I ANTICIPATE all that is in store for our family in the next ten years. I pray that God is at the center of it. Happy 2010!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Austins! Just getting caught up on my blog reading. Glad to see you had a wonderful Christmas. You have some excellent goals for 2010 - hope to see you more often this year!

Summer said...

Great list! I think we all could spend more time in prayer! LOL about taking care of the car better.... I think um well I know I have never cleaned my new van, my Hubby does that LOL! What a good goal, I may need to add that one um next year...
Summer :0)