Thursday, January 21, 2010

Flexible!

So I have to tell you about my crazy, blessed day. All week I have been battling a virus. I hate when medical professionals use this term because basically there is no treatment. I have been fighting fatigue, a sore thoat, aches, chills, major head congestion and a fever. I was praying my husband and son would not get it but low and behold Zachary got it. Here is a run down of my day yesterday.

It started the night before when a Lowe's Home Installation man called to see if he could come and install our new front door and basement window. I said, "Of COURSE...I have NOTHING to do tomorrow and my son will be in preschool." Famous Last words.

The next morning our phone rings at 7 am. I am brushing my teeth but I still answer. It is my mom asking me if I can help my dad out after I drop Zachary off at preschool.

I said, "well, I can but I have a Lowes installer coming at 9:30, what does Dad need?" Long story short, my nephew Elliott was sick and my dad was watching him while my sister was at work. But my dad had a doctors appointment at 10 am. So someone needed to watch Elliott for an hour. After a couple plan A's, plan B's, and then eventually plan C. My dad and I decided to meet up at Zachary's preschool so that I could take Elliott home with me after dropping Zachary off. Here is where Plan D comes in...I went to wake Z and he was sick. Fever, chills, and sore throat. So we hopped in my car. Stopped by Kevins office to pick up an extra carseat. Then picked up Elliott at preschool. Mind you Z did not go to preschool. When we returned we were all exhausted so we curled up on the couch with drinks, popcorn, and a warm blanket to watch Disney's channels newest cartoon, "CUGGINGTON". By this time I was eating my words about "Of COURSE...I have NOTHING to do tomorrow and my son will be in preschool."



Just as I got the boys settled the Lowes installer arrived. I think the boys tylenol was kicked in because they got a jolt of energy and excitement. I realized that I was going to have to keep the boys confined to my bedroom or else they were going to be in the way of the installer. After about an hour my dad joined us for the chaos and I began making lunch. I was glad Dad was there because he entertained the boys with a book or two while I could down my medicines and get food prepared. We had a great lunch and then it was time for naps. Elliott went home. Zachary rested (as much as you can with drill noises and such). At three o'clock our new door was installed. To say the day was a little out of the ordinary was an understatement. As hectic as it was it was a blessing....we got to have Elliott over for a playdate. I got to spend an hour or two with my dad. I got the new front door that we have been waiting on. My dad always says, "Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans". Well today was just that. I doubt I will be using this sentence for a long time. "Of COURSE...I have NOTHING to do tomorrow and my son will be in preschool."

Here are some pics of the old and new door.

*On several occasions we have come home and our front door has been open. It has never latched very good. We also had issues with this huge glass opening because did not like how everyone could see in. JcPenney's helped with a velcro curtain but it was time for a new door.
Here is the few from the inside.
The new door...Zachary says it has a cage on it. It reminds me of the door on the Wizard of Oz where the wizard opens the little door to greet Dorothy.
Here's the view from the inside.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

This week has been a lesson in flexibility for me too, so totally know how that feels. I am so impressed at how you are able to see all the positives in that hectic day.

And the new door is simply GORGEOUS! I love it!

Lori said...

Missed you at Wacky World today, but now I understand. Sorry Zachary is sick, I hope he feels better soon.
Front door looks awsome too!

Lindsey said...

It is AMAZING what a front door will do for your home, isn't it?

And, as a fellow type A, kudos on making the best of your--ahem--plans :)