Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No MOMS allowed!

Every night after dinner Zachary and Kevin have guy time. It has turned into a daily event which Zachary looks forward to every day. At around 3 o'clock he starts planning what Daddy and him are going to do. Usually it's football, playing trains, reading books, wrestling, or playdough time. As soon as the garage door goes up around 5:30 Z has to hide. He runs to a hiding place so that Kevin can find him. Then we sit down for dinner. Again all Z talks about is what he is going to do with his daddy after dinner. He chows down his food super fast and then he has to wait on Kevin to get done eating. As soon as Kevin finishes Zachary announces that I am not allowed to play with them. They either run downstairs or head to the living room to play. If I walk downstairs or are nearby to where they are playing Zachary will say, "No mom, its my time with dad". I am only needed if they need a drink or a snack. Other than that I am off duty. I use this time to pick up dinner, fold laundry, watch the news, etc. Its funny because all three of us look forward to this time of the day.

Here are some photos from the other night playing trains. These crack me up because Z asked me to get him some lemonade in his rocket cup. Then Kevin asked me if he could have some too. When I brought Kevin his in a "regular" cup Z was upset. He wanted his dad to have a rocket cup too. So here is Kevin & Z with their rocket cups.



Zachary loves his time with his daddy. I think Kevin enjoys it even more.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

This is so precious, Hilary! I totally understand how all three of you love this time for completely different reasons. I absolutely adore this post. It's the day-to-day things that make life so wonderful.

Unknown said...

Awwww...that is TOO cute!

Lindsey said...

I love this! What a FANTASTIC idea! I may have to start this in my home...