Thursday, January 7, 2010

Trying to get organized!

Today I woke up on a mission. You know those days where you feel like you really want to get something done? Well that is how I felt. It does not happen often but when it does watch out. I was like a tornado through our home. Get outta my way...mama's comin' through and don't mess with me. We have a hall closet that has been leaking out into the hallway for weeks. The doors do not shut like they should and I have not been able to find what I have needed. It's been driving me crazy. So today was the day that the closet was getting an overhaul.

Here's the before photos....mind you I am embarrassed to show you how we have been living.





See the floor....all of that "stuff" was in the way of the door actually closing. AHHHHHH!
Here is the glorious after photos. I hated to walk past this closet the past couple weeks. Now I love to. I walk by, open the doors, and it puts an instant smile on my face to see an organized, clean closet. Lets see how many days it stays like this. Any guesses?


You can actually see the floor. I could put my vaccuum back into its original spot...its been living in our guest room since Christmas because this closet was so full.
Here are our "extras"...you know the extra soap, bathroom products, etc. When I see them on sale or have a major coupon I try to stock up. We don't have a pantry or a lot of cabinet space in our bathrooms so it goes in our hall closets. How come builders do not build enough storage space in houses?
Zachary's playdough toys are in those containers with the blue lids.


I know those boxes look like a mess...however the white boxes are empty gift boxes. I use them often. The other boxes are for items with a 2-3 warranty (phone, cable box, etc) so I can't throw them away, the cow is Zachary humidifier, and then we have his tractor puzzle.
Doesn't it look better?
I feel much better. Now time for some relaxation before I meet my sis, brother-in-law, and Elliott for some shopping and dinner at the mall. What a great day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It looks great! I've been in an organizing mood too but it is difficult to complete a project with two kids on the move. Baby steps though - each little bit helps.

Lori said...

Okay Hillary, 3 things:
1. Glad I'm not the only one with a label maker. (my husband makes fun of me for this).
2. I'm suprised that you had a messy closet. You seem so organized. Glad to see your human! :)
3. Speaking of cleaning out closets, I went through my clothes the other day for MOPS. Should I donate the clothes or are we still having the swap?

Glad you got your organizing done. I know its a great feeling. It looks good!