Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Father-In-Law (aka our handyman)

I love my husband to pieces. He does a lot of things. A lot of things for me. He has many talents. However he is not a handyman. When I lived in the sorority house in college we had a handyman named Scott. If you needed Scott to change a light bulb in your bedroom or if your window had a draft all you had to do is sign up on a clipboard and Scott would magically appear. Within a day or two everything was fixed. I often joke to my husband I wish we had a magic clipboard or a direct line to call handyman Scott. Unfortunately, Scott is 3 hours away. So I have been accumulating a list of odds and end jobs around our house. When my list gets too long I call my father-in-law (FIL). My FIL Marvin always comes to the rescue and for that I am thankful.

This time I had some MAJOR tasks for Marvin. So 'major' that I thought he might turn me down when I asked him. I purchased some cluster canvas' from our family portraits. I have to give a shout out to our photographer, Kara at Owens Photography. She is the best! Check her out here. I knew where I wanted them and I knew how they were supposed to be hung. I also knew it was going to be a challenge. Take a look for yourself.

Getting Started...my in-laws with their tripod for the laser level. They brought the big guns for this project.

Getting Started

The first picture is up...doesn't look like a very big deal but wait...
Here's Kevin supporting the board that my father-in-law is standing on

Can you see how difficult this project truly is? I am having them hang a cluster of photos over my staircase.





The Final Product! Thank you Marvin, Karen, and Kevin for getting this project done. I love it!












4 comments:

Casey and Kim said...

It looks Fantastic too! Were you scared?! I hate standing around hoping someone doesn't fall!

Buffy said...

Love the pictures---looks great:)

Lori said...

Great Pictures! I'm dying to get some good family pics done, now that we're all here. I love the way you arranged them, very unique. Great job to everyone that worked on it!

Anonymous said...

The pictures look awesome! I can't believe he stood on that board...scary, but worth it :)