Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trick or Treating

We have a Trick or Treat tradition in our home. I am sure that when Z gets bigger we will change our routine but for now it works. We "usually" dress him up head out to my in-laws house then go to my "Aunt" Steph's & "Uncle" Keran's house for dinner and trick or treating then we head to my Aunt Mary & Uncle Don's house and end up at my parents. At my parents, Zachary and Elliott love to pass out their candy.


This year since we were coming from Topeka and that I was not feeling well we broke the cycle. First we picked Z up at my parents house. Unfortuately my dad had to work so he missed out but he has seen Z in his Buzz Lightyear Costume several times this year. We let Z trick or treat at Grams.



Elliott and Zachary at Grammy and Poppy's door


Grams passing out her Halloween goodies

The boys could not wait to get into their treat.



Then they each had to have Grammy show them what it was. Grams got them each a Hallmark Ornament with the Toy Story characters in it. The boys could not have been any happier.


Group Pic
After Grammy's House we went to my cousins house hoping to see my Aunt Mary & Uncle Don there as well. It's funny Z thinks that when you trick or treat you need to ring the bell, get your treat, have your picture taken inside the persons house by the fireplace, and then you need to stay and either eat or play with their toys. I guess this is the only thing we have ever done. In a couple of years our neighbors are going to be shocked when Z walks in and makes himself at home.
Ringing Doorbell at my cousin Lisa & Darrin's house



Lisa let Z pic as many pieces of candy out of the bowl as he wanted. I did not think we were going to get him to stop. :)

Z needed his pic by Lisa's fireplace

Getting ready to get back into the car. Z was having a BLAST!

Next stop..."Aunt" Steph and "Uncle" Kerans house.

One of Z's favorite things is that Keran & Steph's neighbors bring their dogs trick or treating. He remembered this from last year. Skittles and Chico were the stars of the show. Z & E loved them and thought it was hilarious!









Next stop: MaMa and PawPa's house
Pic by another fireplace

Family Photo

Zachary told PaPaw that he needed a costume. Pawpa went to the bedroom and came out with this. Do you know what it is? Pawpa asked Z what he was and he said, "Wall.E from Disney's WallE movie." Cracked me up!
Wall E and Buzz Lightyear!

That was our Halloween 2009!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I hope you are starting to feel better. I know I would got stir crazy if I had to stay at home. Do try to take advantage of the situation and just relax and enjoy doing stuff for YOU! I know its hard when your a mom, but you need to make yourself feel better so you can be a better wife and mother.
I loved the pics of Zachary being Buzz. Adriana is all of a sudden a HUGE Toy Story fan. Great pics from that night!
Take care, and rest. You will be in my prayers!

The Divine Ms Abbey D said...

Hmmm saw the picture of my father with Buzz's wings. I am so glad he is normal...

I love the pictures of the boys! I know my mom and dad love it when you guys all come by on Halloween since they do not have grandchildren....yet. Thank you for making their evening as well