Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pneumonia = Scrapbooking



So I was officially under "lock down" for 5 days. Doesn't seem like a long time until you see what I got accomplished. While I was under lock down I had no responsibility. The only job I was supposed to do was to rest & get better. Someone in my family was watching Zachary for me so I did not have to worry about his needs or wants.

I wanted to sleep and rest however there was no way because of the side effects from my meds. I had a racing heart beat and insomnia. I felt like my body and mind were working at double speed. So as much as I wanted to lay in bed and rest it was hard to do. So what did I do instead? SCRAPBOOK! I have not utilized my scrapbooking supplies for two years. I never got my supplies out of the closet because I was afraid a curious one year old would pick up a small accent piece and choke. Plus I had no time with a toddler to scrapbook. Believe me I have a TON of material that needed to be scrapbooked but no time to do it. With my 5 day house arrest I was able to knock out an ENTIRE scrapbook. Mind you nothing in the book is in order or sequence but I got so much done. So one good thing about pneumonia was that I got a lot of scrapbooking done. So much done that I think I can put my supplies away and not get them out for another two years. I am kinda at a creative mental block.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Hil. I'm glad some good came out of your illness. I have a blank scrapbook that's been sitting in my closet for about 3 years. I need to come to your scrapbook den for a lesson! I know it's bad, but your post kind of made me wish I had pneumonia for 5 days. Kind of like a momcation? Well, probably not. Glad you are feeling better. ;)