Monday, November 9, 2009

Acts of Kindness

Since I have been under the weather and unable to leave my house I have had so many friends and family members offer to do the nicest things for me. I have been so blessed by these friends that I am dedicating this whole blog post to them. Before I get started on this post let me just say that I am doing a lot better. I went to the doctor today and I got the okay to start doing things outside of my house. I still have to be careful of germs and I need to focus on preventing illness in my home but my lungs are showing signs of improvement. Thank you for the prayers. I get worn out easily but I am a lot better than I was a week ago. Anyways back to my sweet friends and family....

My former neighbor offered to pick up my groceries for me. At first I did not want to take her up on it. But I thought about how much extra Kevin was doing around the house and thought if Cindy got my Wal-mart list that was one less thing Kevin had to do. Plus we were really out of groceries. Anyways, I e-mailed my detailed list to Cindy and later that afternoon she was at my house with all of my items. MAGIC! She also snuck a couple cooking magazines in my groceries as a little get well soon present. Talk about sweet! Thanks Cindy!
I made Cindy pose for this picture. I had a lot more than a bag of apples. My sister and brother-in-law took Zachary on multiple occasions allowing for me to rest at home in peace and quiet. Zachary LOVED being spoiled rotten by his aunt and uncle. He also thought it was a real treat to get to spend the night with Elliott on a week night. Thanks Rachel and Matt for all you did to help me recover! I am amazed at your self-lessness ALWAYS! Here is a pic of Rachel dropping Zachary off at our house. Funny thing...Zachary hardly ever naps but after 24 hours at Aunt Rachels house she brought him back napping. Elliott was sacked out in his carseat as well. After she dropped him off I got 3 more hours of rest because Zachary was napping. THANK YOU! Elliott napping in the carseat.

Last Thursday night our new friends from church , Andy, Betsy, & Adelyn made stopped by with the most wonderful NO-BAKE cookies. It was the best surprise. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Betsy, Andy, and Adelyn but I forgot so here is a picture of the cookies. What a treat! Another funny Zachary story: Kevin came home from work when our friends were at our house. Zachary ran over to him and said, "look Dad they brought us sausage." Zacharys favorite thing to eat for breakfast are sausage patties. So he thought the no bake cookies were sausages. He was quite surprised with the "sausages" were sweet and yummy!



On Friday, my mom came over to play with Zachary while I rested some more. Not only did she play with Z but she took me on a little drive. I really needed to get out of the house so she drove Z and I around in the sunshine. When we returned from the drive, Zachary and Grams played with playdough and then she got him ready for bed. THANKS MOM! Zachary was bummed that Grammy was not spending the night but he loved his visit with her.

Grammy made a tooth out of playdough!


Dr. Grammy and Dr. Zachary playing Veterinarian on the doggie....pulling earwax.
Z and Grammy drilling in the monkey's mouth

No comments: