Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthday Blessings...

It just so happens that my birthday landed right in the middle of this pneumonia stuff. I told Kevin and all of my family. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT my birthday. I am postponing it! I will celebrate it. I will eat cake. I do want my presents :). However I don't want to celebrate my birthday when I am sick because it won't be as fun and my birthday dinner will not taste good at all considering the medicines I am taking alter my taste. So the night before my birthday Kevin said, "Are you for sure?" I think he was afraid if he did not give me my card or gift that I would get mad at him. I said, "100 % sure, don't give me a thing because I really want it when I feel well." If you don't personally know me I love celebrations. I love food. I love parties. So the morning of my b-day I walked into the kitchen and there were these lovely flowers, a card, and a gossip magazine on my table. Kevin said, "don't get mad this is just a "sick birthday present". I'm taking you out when you are well but this is just for today. Isn't he sweet!


Then my sister called to tell me that she was coming to pick up Zachary. She thought he was going to drive me nuts being cooped up in the house. This was the best present. He LOVES his Aunt Rachel, he was thrilled to have someone to play with, and I got some rest. When she came by she brought me this birthday present.


I love the cute brown purse and matching wallet. I started feeling better immediately.

Then about an hour later my doorbell rang and it was a floral delivery. The wonderful girls at Kevin's office sent me the prettiest pink floral arrangement with balloons. Talk about a surprise. They really did not have to do that but I love them.


Then my sis called me to meet her at her OB office at 3:00pm to go to her appointment with her. Mind you this was before I knew I was not supposed to be out of my house. Opps! Anyways, she was supposed to hear the heart beat of the baby today. When we got she introduced me to her OB and told him it was my birthday. He said, "Let's hear the heartbeat...better yet you want to see the baby?" He said, "He did not have time to order me flowers so the ultrasound was the next best thing." Mind you he is a funny guy. So he pulled in an U/S machine and next thing you know my niece or nephew was staring right at me. He/She was moving a lot and had it's hand up by its head. It was saying, "Happy Birthday Howie". Too cool for words. The best present of all! I was so overwhelmed and excited I forgot to take a pictures. Bummer!

Once I got home I checked my e-mail and one of my best friends from church said she was coming by at 5:30 with dinner. No ifs, ands, or buts. She was coming. Julie brought the nicest card, with a huge crockpot of the yummiest chicken noodle soup and rolls. What a blessing! Thank you Julie, Jeremy, Rhett, and Drew!

So for being sick on my birthday it was filled with many unexpected blessings. Thanks to everyone who called, texted, sent something, mailed cards, sent birthday wishes on Facebook, etc. It turned out to be a blessed birthday. I will post more birthday pics when I celebrate again. Not sure when that will be possibly in December. Zachary wants me to have a John Deere party :)!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Hil!! I remember when we used to celebrate birthdays together in hygiene school!! Miss you!