Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Saying Goodbye...

Not sure if it is the pregnancy hormones or what but we just traded in my vehicle for a mini-van and it was so hard for me to say goodbye to my old ride.  Am I nuts?  I wanted a mini-van just for the many conviences it offers and I like what we picked out its just I was sad to see my "old" car go.  This morning Kevin got up at 5 am to drive to go and purchase the mini-van that was 3.5 hours away.  I made him wake me up so I could take pictures with it.  I wish I would have taken pics the night before with Zachary and I but I didn't. So I ran out in my pjs to shoot a few photos before it drove off. I think the reason I am so nostalgic about this car is that we purchased it when Z was 4 months old.  It was one of the first big ticket items that Kevin and I purchased on our own. This car kept us safe, contained many mom & Zachary sing-a-longs, got spilled on several times with sippy cups and coffee, and it took good care of us. We never had any major issues with it or major breakdowns. It was a great car.


 

Z's first road trip to Kansas City (approx 6 months)
Getting ready to head to Texas for Tom & Beth's Wedding (9 months)...don't worry we did not let him drive.

Taking Z & his friend somewhere (approx. 1.5 years)

 I loved looking back in the mirror to see what Zachary was up to. (approx 2.5years)
 Fell asleep in my car on his 3rd birthday
I guess I need to get over it and start making memories in my new grocery-getter. I'm going to love it...I know I am...It's just hard to say goodbye to those memories. Time to make new ones. Here's some photos of Z and me in our car. I know what some of you are thinking....what in the world is she going to be like when she sends her boys to college, right? 

1 comment:

Lori said...

Don't feel silly about having a car mean a lot to you. I'm the same way. My first car was a 1987 Sundance and I got it when I was 16 and sold it when I was about 20 or 21. the hard thing about that was that my parents bought it new in 1987 (when I was 6), so it was FILLED with memories. You'll make new memories with your van and will LOVE having the extra space. Can't wait to see it!