Sunday, May 22, 2011

He's gotta name!

I have already shared this but I wanted to document it in our family blog book.  We have officially decided on a name for our second baby boy.  I am a HUGE name person. I love to know peoples names, how their parents choose it for them, etc.  It's also really important to Kevin and I that our children are named after someone special to us.  For example:  Zachary's full name is Zachary Kevin.  Named after his daddy. 
 We have choosen  William Collins for our second son.  Here's the story behind it.....back in December before we were even pregnant with this baby Kevin and I were driving somewhere discussing a future baby and possible names.  Kevin has a very good friend of his with the middle name Collins. I have always admired that name and thought it was a very strong name.  It helped that we really like our friend, Neil Collins and his entire family.  It made us like that name even more.  Kevin mentioned using the name Will with the name Collins.  I loved it...but we put it on the back burner because our friend Neil Collins has a son named William Collins.  So I suggested Collins William.  That was basically it for that discussion. Then we found out we were pregnant with a baby in January.  Names would always come up but we could never agree on a boys name.  Our girls name was going to be Annslee Elizabeth.....Lee is my middle name, my Uncle Charlie's middle name, my Aunt Sharon's middle name, and my cousin Jacinda's middle name. Elizabeth is my sisters middle name, my cousin Megan's middle name, and several close friends middle names.  However baby #2 is a boy. So Kevin and I went back to the drawing board.  After finding out the gender it was really important to me to include my family in on the name as well.  I have 2 cousins that are brothers, Kevin and I think they are really great guys and are excellent role models for our boys.  Ones name is Wade William and the other is Austin Lane.  So we chose William as the baby's first name and we are going to call him Will.  William also happens to be my Uncle's first name, Kevin's grandpas middle name, and Kevin's uncles name...not to mention my mom's grandfathers name. So it was a great family name to chose. 

One funny thing about us naming this baby "Will " Collins is that if my sister or I were a boy we were going to be Will Weston.  So the joke is my mom is finally getting her Will! 

No comments: