Monday, May 30, 2011

Local tornado = Nightmare

A week ago, on May 22nd, EF-5 Tornado ripped though a local town of ours. The devastation has been TERRIBLE and so sad. My cousin and her family live in this town, as well as, several friends of ours. Thankfully everyone is physically okay and their homes were spared. A couple cars were ruined but that is no big deal considering over 130 people lost their lives. Two of Kevin's colleagues lost their entire practices.  In fact one of the offices was the one that we were considering purchasing when Kevin graduated from his residency.  8 years later we know that God put us in the right spot.  Stuff can be replaced....people cannot. I just wanted to post a few pics from this tragic event so that we will always remember this horrific event. I am dying to go help out the people in this town however being that I am 24 weeks pregnant I don't think its a good idea to get out and clean debris. Instead I pray, send donations, and try to wrap my thoughts around this tragedy.






No comments: