Monday, March 21, 2011

Star Student & Claire Bear

Back in January, Zachary was selected as Star Student for his preschool class. He was so excited. His teachers send home a special tote bag that says "star student". Inside the bag was a lot of prizes (pencil, eraser, stickers, candy, etc).  There is also a huge poster that Zachary was supposed to fill out all about himself and an instruction form for the parents.  During your childs week a parent or parents are invited in to read to the class.  The child also can bring in 2 favorite books and a favorite toy.  When Z and I sat down to do the poster and discuss what he was going to bring he asked me if he could bring his dog.  You might say, "I didn't know they had a dog?"  Well we don't. Zachary's dog is my parents dog...Claire Bear.  Well after going through some hoops at the preschool and thinking that there was no way they were going to let us bring a dog into the church preschool we got a note home that it was okay.  AWESOME!  We had it all planned. Grams, Pops, myself, & Claire were going to go to preschool. 

Next thing you know the morning sickness kicks in and I had no idea how I was going to go. Then we got the Blizzard of 2011 and school was cancelled for a week. The same week Z was Star Student. I was no worried because Z's amazing teachers e-mailed and rescheduled his week for another one. Totally a God thing because there was no way I was making it to that first week. It also ended up being that the day we were supposed to bring the dog was a Friday which meant that Kevin could come too.


Here's the whole crew getting off the elevator. Thank God Claire did not have to walk up those stairs. We would have been there all day.

 As soon as Z saw us he came out in the hallway to take Claire's leash from my dad. He was so proud.  He couldn't wait to show his classmates "his" dog.

I was thrilled I was able to come to the event. It was only for 30 minutes but it was the most activity I had had in two weeks and it took all I had to get dressed and out the door.

Here is Z showing his friends Claire's tricks.  My parents broke up the dog treats so each kid could feed Claire a snack.


Here's Kevin reading the book, CHOWDER (a book about a bulldog that was very well loved) to the class. I love that Z has his hand on his leg. He was tickled his dad came to class too.
 Meanwhile Ms. Christine and Pops were hanging out with Claire.  Claire loved all the attention
 Then Claire decided to join the reading.  The kids couldn't get enough of her.
 We had to take a group picture.  Zachary was so proud.  The boys were in heaven with Claire. 
It was awesome that Zachary's teachers and the other staff at the preschool let us bring the dog.  It was the highlight of all of our week.  I think  Grams & Pops got a kick out of bringing "Zach's" dog to school too.

No comments: