Saturday, March 26, 2011

St. Patty's Early Breakfast

Last year we had a "Green" St. Patty's Day breakfast for Zachary.  This year I had been to sick to even think about what month it was let alone having a St. Patty's Day breakfast....that is until a very excited 4 year old reminded me the day before March 17th.  Zachary and I were driving to preschool when he said, "remember last year we had green pancakes and you & Dad woke me up for breakfast. I guess it was a huge hit because he remembered.  So I scurried to the grocery store to pick up breakfast items for the next day's breakfast.  Luckily I had leftover plates, gold coins, and green glasses from last year in our St. Patty's day box. That next morning Kevin and I were up SUPER early because Kevin had to be into work earlier than normal for our 2nd annual green breakfast. We went into Z's room to wake him up with green wigs and he didn't want to get out of bed.  Then he realized what was going on and he popped up.  Mind it you was 2.5 hours before he normally woke up. Note to self.....do not wake your child up for something like this. As soon as it was over he was crabby all morning long. 
Anyways,  Kevin loved the warm breakfast before work, Z thought it was super cool, and I enjoyed making another memory with my boys. 
 Getting ready to wake Z up
 Green pancakes on the griddle
 Sleepy Zachary getting ready to eat. Please note how dark it is outside.  We were up too early! 
 Later that day, my mom, sister, family friend Candise, and the boys went shopping at an outdoor mall.  It was one of the first days of warmer weather.  I also must add I was feeling pretty good on this day! As we were leaving I heard my name from a random shopper.  I could not figure out who it was until she took her glasses off. It was my college school nurse, Ruth.  I know most of you are thinking...I didn't know my college had a nurse, etc.  Well,  my small private liberal arts university had the best campus nurse out there.  Nurse Ruth and I bonded my freshman year when I realized I was allergic to all 600 variety of trees on campus.  From there our friendship grew.  I would visit her daily for my nebulizer breathing treatments. Then my senior year when I came down with transverse myelitis she was with me the entire way through.  Somedays she wouldn't know exactly what to do so she would just pray over me.  When my mom was 3 hours away she was the next best thing.  She was and is such a dynamic lady. It was the best surprise to my day. I hadn't seen her in over 7 years.  Of course I had my camera in my purse so I had to get a pic. 

1 comment:

Casey and Kim said...

I just noticed you have the most random illnesses on the planet! Also I'm dying to know what's hanging on your sliding glass door? Maybe a behavior sticker chore chart or something special? I'm just thinking that's a good place to hang stuff as I don't hang things on my fridge anymore because it's stainless steel and the magnets have scratched it before. Might start using my sliding glass door too!