Wednesday, March 16, 2011

12 weeks

One of the things I am going to do during this pregnancy is a weekly journal.  I wish I would have done this with Zachary. However I did not blog.  I made a massive scrapbook with every detal for Zachary.  For this baby I am going the digital route so I will just put these in a digital scrapbook.  I have also decided to hold something that is the same size as the baby.  I'm really doing this for Zachary so that he can see how big his baby brother or sister is.   My goal is to post this every Sunday night.....This one is coming on a Wednesday because it from last week.  I will post my 13 week picture on Thursday.  Then on the 14 week I will get on track and have it every Sunday since that is when my week starts over. 

I'm 12 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 12 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Boy or Girl is the size of a plum. Weighing approximately 1/3 of an ounce and two inches long.  The baby gets fingernails this week and hair follicles. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 6 lbs from the Hyperemersis Gravadarium....however you can't tell.  I feel like the baby has popped out of my belly...already! 
Maternity Clothes: I don't really wear maternity clothes yet.  My jeans are getting tight but I usually wear leggings or yoga pants.
Gender: My guess is that it is a boy!  However we will find out on Monday April 18th!
Movement: I don't think I can feel baby movement at this point however I have had two instances when I have felt a wierd flutter.  Not sure if it was the baby or gas. HA!
Sleep: I can't sleep. This is not a good thing since I am only 12 weeks.  Its super hard for me to sleep on my side. 
What I miss:  From week 7 until week 12 I have been REALLY ILL.  My OB diagnosed me with hyperemeresis gravadarium.  I have been in the ER or ambulatory infusion twice for IV fluids due to extreme dehydration.  I MISS EVERYTHING! I miss playing with Zachary. I miss eating meals.  Thankfully on the first day of my 12 week (day picture was taken) I felt good! Not 100% but I felt good. Good enough to shower, wash my hair, and put on regular clothing. 

Cravings: Thee past 5 weeks I only crave carbs.  My favorite meal is soft burrito shells & melted cheese from Taco...Bell.  My sweet husband drives through the drive through and orders this for me. Just in case you are curious. One shell is $0.25 and a cup of cheese is $0.60.  I'm a cheap date. 
Symptoms: Dizziness, 24 hour car-sickness, green skin, continual vomitting, headaches, hot flashes, exessive sleeping (approx 18 hours a day)

Best Moment this week: First day of 2nd trimester when I woke up feeling Good!  Thank God!

No comments: