Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Magical Vacation

Man, it's hard to get back into the blogging routine after a little break.  I recently ordered my 2009 Blog book and realized how important it is (to me) to keep up on the blogging. However with our recent family vacation and all the Christmas events going on I have not be able to "get my blog on". I am going to try really hard to get back at so that I don't forget any of our family activities.

Two weeks ago we returned from a dream vacation. We originally booked our trip for the second week in May. Then we realized that that was WAY to close to the arrival of our nephew, Jerrytt. So we re-booked it for November 14th. I am so glad that we did. It was half of the price, plus it was the least busy week on the cruise boat for the entire year. We basically had the entire place to ourselves. WHOO HOO. So without further ado our vacation on the Disney Wonder Cruise Ship.



Here we are at our local airport waiting to board the plane to Florida.  I purchased Mouse Ears prior to our trip so that we could enjoy them the entire time.  Zachary LOVED his.....meanwhile Kevin was a super sport and wore his only to please Z and me.  I love Kevin for that reason...he would do anything for us even if it is wearing Mickey Mouse Ears all through the airports. 

 Grams & Pops arrived at the airport SUPER early to take our car home with them so that we would not rack up a long term parking fee. THANKS Grams & Pops!
 We're on our way to the Disney Wonder!
 Checking in at port.  Z was so excited he couldn't contain himself.  I was even worse. HA!
 Kev & Z getting ready for the safety check in. Z thought this was a blast.
 The Disney Welcome Aboard Party.  I knew that Disney never misses a beat but they really do not. Everything was perfect!
 Mickey & Minnie signing Z's autograph book
 Later that night we went to the Disney Show: Golden Mickeys
It was FANTASTIC. I have over 50 pics from this "broadway" style musical but I won't bore you with them. All three of us enjoyed the show. I even had a few tears at times because it was so magical.
 Our travel agent gave me a pouch of "Pixie Dust" to take with us.  She recommended that we use it if we were tired, cranky, if we had sore feet etc.  Well Z knew we had it and was dying to use some so he was a hypocondriac complaining of sore feet.  You know what it worked!  After I sprinkled it on his feet I never heard a complaint again. 

 One of the evening highlights was returning to our room after the show and before dinner to see what towel animal we had. Z loved it!
 Less than 5 seconds on the bed and he was out.  Now that is MAGICAL!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Yea! I am so glad you guys had a great time. Hope the weather was nice. Did you do anything at the spa? You'll have to fill us in on how the airport transfers went. Our kids loved the animal towels too, but more importantly, the "night chocolate!"