Thursday, December 16, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

My parents invited us to attend Breakfast with Santa at their church on Saturday.  We were so glad that we did.  Everything was so nice &cfestive. It was a very enjoyable morning...minus one huge tantrum event (See story below)

First we had a pancake breakfast with red & green pancakes.  Actually Z only wanted green ones.
 Elliott with his red pancakes
 Cousins loving on each other...it kinda looks like are fighting but they are sharing a sweet moment.  Literally a sweet moment because Elliott is licking pancake syrup off his chin. 
 Pictures with Santa
 Elliott & Santa
 Z with Santa
 They had a "project" table..aka craft table. Zachary was in heaven. He could have sat at those tables with the glitter, glue, and scissors all day if we would have let him.  He is showing off his Santa Frame magnet that he made.
So here's the part about the HUGE tantrum.  The church had vendors present and a silent auction to benefit the church preschool. One of the vendors was a "build a toy/stuffed animal" place.  Z and I walk over "just to look".  The sales lady asks him if he wanted to make one?  Well of course, he did but I was not going to pay $20 for stuffed animal when Christmas is right around the corner.  I told the sales lady no thank you and walked away.

 Immediately Z started crying. He said, "mom that the lady said he could make one".
I then replied, "Yes, she did but she forgot to mention that you would have to pay for one." 
Here's where the story gets funny.  In the middle of this discussion Santa Claus walks into the church auditorium. 
I see Elliott walk up to Santa but I was really far away trying to calm Zachary down so I had no idea what Elliott was telling Santa. 

Next thing you know Elliott walks over to Zachary and says, "Zachary I told Santa you were being naughty and not to bring you any presents".

Well if Zachary was not already upset enough this really TICKED him off.  He started crying louder and told Elliott that he was "REALLY MAD AT HIM for telling Santa".  I had to keep from laughing out loud. I asked my dad to take Elliott away from Zachary. I then said, "Oh Zachary, Elliott didn't tell him."

When Elliott pipes up, "Oh YES I did! Zachary you shouldn't be crying over a toy!"  Again I had to keep from laughing.  We separated the boys and calmed them down.  Fortunately after about 30 minutes of more "projects" the boys forgot all about their fight, all about the sales vendors, and they were best friends again.  I will never forget it!  Because breakfast with Santa was an all morning event we ended it by going to Burger King for lunch.  See they were friends again and they wanted to sit all by themselves to eat.

1 comment:

Lori said...

okay, I have been so busy lately so I'm just getting around to reading all your new posts. I LOVE this one! I think its so funny how Elliot and Z interact with each other. I love E's reaction to Z's fit. They are so sweet and innocent. LOVE this story, too cute!