Saturday, December 18, 2010

Preschool Christmas Party

I had the priviledge to help out with Zachary's preschool party. Zachary has the best teachers who planned out the party but they needed help executing all the games & activities. I loved being able to see Zachary with his "friends". This year Z is in a class of 11 BOYS! The only girls in the class are the two teachers. Not sure how that happened but I was amazed at how great these little 3 & 4 year olds were together.


Icing Sugar Cookies

 Zachary was so proud of his skills
 Can you say, "SPRINKLES"? 
Keegan & Zachary eating their cookie creations. 
Zachary with his "best" school friend, Wyatt. 

After the party was over it was time to go home. Wyatt came over and asked me if Zachary could come over to his house to play. I say that sounds like a great idea and that we would have to have a play date some day. His mom  then came over and said what about today.  To be honest....I was thinking....where do you live, I don't know you very well, hmmmmmm...really? Then after about 2 minutes of seeing Zachary jumping and begging and talking with Wyatts moms (I have known her for 2 years, we live less than a mile apart, and we are FB friends) I said Okay.  We switched over carseats and Z was on his way home. I had jitterbugs in my stomach the whole way home. I called my mom and Mel to see if I did the "right" thing.  It's not that Z doesn't go over to play at kids houses but I am friends with all of the parents and I know them.  Believe me I would not have sent him with just anyone. I fully trusted Wyatts mom it was just getting over the shock that my little baby boy is going over to a friends house to play...without me.  After about 20 minutes I was over the worrying and I was at home burning a Christmas candle, listening to Christmas carols on the radio, and I was cleaning house.  It was a beautiful 3 hours. When Z came back he was so happy and thankful that I let him come over.  He had a blast.  I'm hoping we can get Wyatt next week so that I can give his mom a relaxing 3 hours.

No comments: