Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cruisin' Fun

Our first day and night of cruising was fun but we were SO tired from traveling to the cruise ship and getting accustomed to everything.  I forgot to add that the first night at sea was SUPER choppy.  It didn't bother me but I think I was the only one on the cruise that did not mind it.  People were dropping like flies from ocean sickness. Luckily Kevin took some meds and was fine. Z never complained so it didn't bother him either.

I had been reading online that some family's decorate their cabin doors with magnets. Z loved putting them on and we never had to wonder which rooms was ours.  Funny thing we never saw another decorated door so it really was not necessary. HA! It said "Our first Disney Cruise 2010"


Here is Zachary immediately after  he realized that we had a window and that we were on the water. He was so surprised and excited! 
 As you can see he is ready for day 2.
 After breakfast we kid the Mickey pool.  As you can see there were only three other families present at this pool.  I am not sure where everyone else was but we had it all to ourselves.  Z was in heaven!
 Once Z went down the Mickey Slide once he just kept going and going.  He LOVED it!
 Here is Z begging to go again. After about 5 slide trips of asking if he could do it again. I told him he didn't have to ask me every time...especially since there were only 3 kids out there.  I told him that I was right there reading my magazine and if he needed me to come get me. 
 During our lunch on the deck, Donald & Daisy stopped by.  Here they are signing his book.
 Here's Donald taking Z's drink and chicken fingers. Zachary thought this was HILARIOUS!
 This was a trip to get this photo. Z talked about "Hook" way before we even left for our trip.  He wanted to see him however whenever we actally saw him he was SCARED out of his pants.  I don't blame him...Captain Hook was very bold and scary.  He would stomp his boots to signal to come here and then he would put his hook around the kids necks.  Thankfully Hook & the cast member with him realized how tramatic this was for Z so he let up a little so that we could get a pic.  I think my fingers were about to fall off because Z was squeezing them so much.
 That afternoon we put Zachary in the Kids Oceaneer Club for Cooking School with Ratioulle.  This was our first time putting him into the club. We got a pager and Z had a GPS on him so they knew where he was at all times.  Kevin and I got off the boat at port which was Nassau.  We weren't impressed but we enjoyed some time by ourselves on the island. When we went back to get Z this is what we saw.  He was in a chef hat and was having a blast.  After they got their cookies to eat I signaled to Z to come on and he raised his hand and said, "I'm not ready, I haven't made my pirate ship boat yet." There was no way we were getting him out of the kids club. So we went to the adult only side of the boat to go swimming.  Ahhh..the joys of kids club,
 That night for dinner, Kevin & I signed up for an adult only restaurant called Palo.  We had to reserve it prior to our trip. I am so glad we did.  We had a 6 course dinner that was fantastic.  That we celebrated my 32nd birthday (Nov 3) which was fun considering my birthday was two weeks before. 
 After dinner we had to pull Z out of the club to go to the Toy Story Musical.  I have to give a shout out to my girlfriend, Fawn. Her family went on this exact cruise in January and she gave me some amazing pointers. One of her amazing tips was to bring your own souviners.  I would have never thought about that. So I went to our local Disney store and picked up some neat toys that were about 90% cheaper than the ones they sold on the cruise. Fawn has her own Disney Blog because they are going on a 10 cruise in 2011. If you every have any questions check it out here.  Z picked one out each day. He loved it!  Here he is with his Buzz Lightyear googles. 
 Here's the cast from Toy Story. It was amazing. Everything from the costumes to the stunts were amazing. I wish my sister and brother-in-law could have seen them because they LOVE all things in the theatre. They would have loved this. 
 Back at the room for bed.  He did get a glow up Buzz that was on a smoothie.  Kevin could not resist the sales man in the theatre.
I was amazed at how the cruise had something for everyone and all ages.  We made so many magical memories and had a blast!

No comments: