Saturday, December 4, 2010

Last day at sea

On our last day at sea we tried to do everything that we wanted too since we knew it would be over soon.  Our morning started out with Mickey Mouse Waffles. I love the melted chocolate on Z's chin. Yes, we let him dip the waffles in chocolate. We were on vacation, right? 
 After breakfast we hit the Mickey Pool.  I think started growing fins because we were in this pool for the entire morning. 
 After lunch Z hit the Kids Club again.  I dropped in to see if he wanted to come out and this is what I saw.  They were playing a laser game called "Find Tink". It was a scavenger hunt. I was so impressed!  All of the kids were supposed to close their eyes and someone would place Pixie Dust in their hands. Then they had to say, "Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust" while eyes were closed and toss it in the air. If you truly believed Tinker Bell would appear. Next thing you know the ceiling started to glow. It was so cute.
 Zachary had to show me is face. They face painted. He asked for "Spiderman" so they painted a web on one side and a spider on the otherside. 
 After a little time in Kids Club we went to see Stitch from Lilo & Stitch. We had never seen this movie but Z fell in love.  Stitch hosted a Luau one night in the Kids Club so Z bonded with him.  This was and still is his favorite character.  Stitch was so sweet with the kids. 
 Kissing Z
 Z would like to say....This is me all by myself with Stitch (he's sitting right next to me as I am blogging)
 That night Z & I attended the most amazing musical show. My pics are not good at all because of all the lights and movement but this musical featured all the Disney Faves....Beauty & The Beast, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Aladdin, Peter Pan, etc.  It was done so well!  I would have paid $100 a ticket to see this show.  I am still in awe at how awesome it was.  Here's the beast!
 After the show we went to dinner in Tritons. Here is all the wait staff waiting to greet us.  Z was looking back at us to make sure it was okay to go in.
 Z was rather upset that we "made" him come to dinner. He wanted to eat at the Kids Club but since it was our last night we made him come. Plus our waiters kept wondering why Zachary didn't like to eat with us.  The little man sitting next to Z is STITCH.  Z bought him with his birthday money and told us that it was his brother since he doesn't have one. 
 Mommy & Z at dinner
 We celebrated my birthday one more time while on the trip.  The wait staff love celebrations so we had to celebrate again.  The cake topper was a chocolate cruise ship. 
 After dinner we met up with our new friends, Steven & Jen. Do yourself a favor and enlarge this photo.  Steven is not on stilts.  He is 7 foot 1. When we met them on the beach he was wearing a black & gold visor that had an embroidered 7 foot 1 on it.  Me being myself said, "Are you really 7'1 ?"  His response & Kevin's was would he have a custom visor made if he wasn't?  We had the best time with our new friends. We share a love for our two favorite football teams....MIZZOU & IOWA. 
 Just to show you how tall Steven really is....we took a picture together.   Me being 5'1 and him being 7'1. 
Our last towel animal at sea. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Horgan said...

Hil - that cruise looks so much FUN!!! I want to go! I am going to start saving my bucks. The picture of you and Steven is GREAT! What a height difference.

Lori said...

Enjoyed reading about your cruise. What a great way to relax with the fam and what special memories you got to make. I would love to take the kids on something like that, maybe in a year or two. Glad you had a great time!

Fawn said...

Thank you for posting all the great details and pics, Hil. It brings back so many great memories. Thanks for the props, too, but of course who doesn't love to talk about Disney!? Now you can share the travel planning love too...