Friday, December 3, 2010

Pirate Day on the cruise!

Get ready for picture overload. I really did try to edit but I didn't want to leave anything out! 

On Tuesday of our cruise we stopped at Castaway Cay (pronounced KEY) which is Disney's private island.  The only people on the island were people & Cast members from our cruise. I was glorious.  Again we were about the only family out there at first. There was so way we could sleep in. I gave that up when I became a mom...so when Z woke we did too.  We ate breakfast on the boat and then hit the beach.  This was Z's first reaction.  He was been on a beach before but he LOVES it. 
 In the last post I mentioned my friend Fawn.  Another one of her genius suggestions was to bring your own beach toys.  Because we have had this cruise booked since March I had plenty of opportunity to catch the after-summer sales for beach toys, sunscreen etc.  All of the families around us on the beach asked us how we knew to bring toys.   THANK YOU FAWN....all the other families spent about $25 on beach toys after their children saw Z's stash. 
 This is the slides at Castaway Cay. Z had no interest in going down this.  Thank God!  The water was freezing.  We had no idea what it would be like in November. It was COLD at first then by they afternoon it either warmed up or we got used to it. 
 Here's my toes in the sand.....Awwww!
 Kev & Z braving the cold ocean water.
 Z made himself a sand seat. 
 Minnie Mouse on the Island
 We met a family while we were on the beach. They live 3 hours away from us and have 4 year old twin boys.  We had so much in common with them and really enjoyed their company.  After Z and their boys played all morning the kids decided they wanted to go to the Kids Club on the beach.  At the outside club they played water games, had a whale bone hunt, a treasure hunt, and ate lunch. Here is a pic of Z when we came to pick him up. He was a sandy, wet mess but loving life.

While Zachary, Ashton, & Brayden were at the kids club we went to the adult only beach to sun bathe and have a bbq lunch. 
 Here are Zachary's new friends, Ashton & Brayden. 
 When we boarded the cruise ship later that afternoon Z was STARVING.  He informed me that he did not want to eat lunch at the kids club because he did not want to miss out on the games. So I ordered him room service while Kevin took a nap.  Meanwhile Z & I watched "CARS" in our room and ate his lunch.
 On Tuesday night on the cruise we had PIRATE NIGHT.  Again my friend Fawn informed me all about it. Basically the Cast Members and guest dress up like Pirates for a Pirate Party. The idea is that "THE PIRATES FROM THE CARIBBEAN" aboard the boat to take over.  Thankfully, we had just celebrated Halloween so I stocked up after the holiday and got us all pirate costumes. 
 Arrrrr....Here's Pirate Z
 In my first post about our cruise I mentioned how much I love my husband because he wore the Mickey Ears...well heres another example of him taking one for the team. He was in full pirate gear too.  At first he felt funny but by the end of the night he joked that his elastic loose pants were so comfortable that he wanted to wear the entire outfit to Thanksgiving. 
**Z is holding up his sword so you can't really see his face. 
 On our way to dinner Z requested that we take him to Kids Club so that he could participate in the pirate dinner and games before the party. So we let him go...plus his new friends were going to be in there.  After dropping him off we went into the sports lounge to wait until our dinner. Kevin found a game that he was obscessed with.  Basically you tossed this strink with a washer on it trying to latch it on a hook. IT. WAS. HARD.  The cast member in the back with the red apron was giving him tips.  When he showed Kevin how to do it he would "Ring the Bull" every time.  Kevin I think did it twice in the course of 30 minutes. I never got it to work.  See picture below...
 Here is the game board where you try to ring the bull with the washer.  It would be a cool basement game...Becki Moss if you are reading this...Ryan needs this. 
 We felt funny at dinner not having Zachary with us since we were in full-on Pirate garb but we had a good time.
These are our waiters for the week Edwin and Allwyn.
This is one of my most favorite pictures from the trip. Kevin put Z on his shoulders so he could see the dancing and Pirate skit. 

During the Pirate Party they had a full-on food & dessert buffet.
Minnie was teaching a special dance. I have several video clips of Z dancing but I am having issues posting them.  They are hilarious. He was putting his heart, soul, and groove into these dances.
After the Pirate Party they had fireworks at sea. I guess Disney is the only cruise line that is approved to do fireworks at sea.  They were neat and I swear this one is supposed to be the Mickey & Minnie ears.
Kevin couldn't resist the huge turkey legs.  He was in heaven!
Arrrrrr....this is good!
Pirate night was a hit!  As much as Kevin frowned at the idea of dressing up when I first tossed the idea around he was so glad that we did. We had a blast!

No comments: