Tuesday, November 16, 2010

417 Saving 2nd Base 5K

A couple weeks ago Zachary, my mom, and I participated in our second annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.  This year we were on our "Aunt" Steph's team called 417 Saving 2nd Base.  My "Aunt" Renee brought us all hoodie sweatshirts and stocking caps.  It was such a beautiful morning walking with our family & friends.  I was so proud of my Ruey because she walked too. My Freddy parked his car at the 1/2 way point and took a nap.

Meeting up at the race. Z was entertaining everyone.

My cousin, Leslie & Harley Dog participated again this year.  My "Aunt" Steph made a light-up tutu for Harley.  Let's just say she was the talk of the town.  EVERYONE stopped to see her and take her picture.  I think my cousin could have charged $1 per picture and would have made $1000 to donate to Breast Cancer Research. Just might have to do this next year.
"Aunt" Kelli, Jacinda, & Jacinda's friend sportin' our pink

Zachary put his "Pig Pig" on Harley's back.  Sweet ole Harley didn't even care.
"Aunt" Renee, Leslie & Harley Dog
Ruey, "Aunt" Steph (our cancer survivor & team captain), Zachary, and Freddy in the red car
Harley & Leslie were super fast so they would take breaks and wait for us.  As we were approaching them we would notice a long line of walkers taking pics of H and wanting to pet her.
Zachary wanted to wear my pink scarf during half of the walk.  He also got super hungry riding in his stroller so he needed more power during the ride.  HA!
After the 5K our team met back up at "Aunt" Steph & Keran's for a team brunch. The food was so yummy!  It was great to celebrate Aunt Stephs 2nd year as a breast cancer survivor.


This is such a great day to celebrate survivors and raise money for cancer research.  Our family is praying that there will one day be a CURE for breast cancer!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Your family is praying for the same thing as my family (and countless families around the world): A CURE.

Way to go, Hil! I'm glad you walked. I look forward to walking with my mom and sister when we move back to the US of A.

P.S. Ella was sitting on my lap while I read your post and she jumped up and yelled, "That's a BALLET DOG! I love that dog!"