Saturday, July 31, 2010

VBS

A couple weeks ago Zachary and I participated in our churches Vacation Bible School.  We had the BEST time!  Zachary was in his 3 year old class with all of his buddy's from church.  I taught with three of my girlfriends in one of the Kindergarten classes.  I have done VBS for years and I can honestly say this year was the most fun! Our church has VBS for 4 nights for two hours each night.  It ran so smoothly and was stress-free! Gotta love that!


The director of our class, Chrissy and good friend of mine made this barn for the classroom. She is a "retired" stay-at-home mommy that used to be a teacher, can you tell? The kids loved the classroom! Here is Zachary posing by the Kindergarteners barn. He loved it!

Bible story time by the campfire
Here is the Worship Rally in our sanctuary.  This is only half of the group!  The kids and adults loved coming together to worship.
Our wonderful class of cowboys with hats, horses, ands spurs.  What an amazing group of kiddos. 

I'm lucky I got this picture.  I was walking in the hall to get something from the resource room when Zachary's class walked by from outdoor recreation.  Can you tell it was "water relay night"?  I was told that Zachary did everything but jump in the water bucket during this night of recreation. He loved it.  I think he was the wettest kid at VBS.  The funny part was this Sunday when we were headed to church he said, "I sure hope it's water day." 
I wish I took more pics of Zachary & his teachers, friends, and classrooms. He had the best time. Every night he would come home and tell Kevin all about his lesson. It was priceless. I am so thankful that our church does VBS.  It's a great way for kids to learn more about Jesus.

No comments: