Friday, July 9, 2010

From FOUR eyes to TWO eyes!

Well, it's been twenty four hours and I am doing AMAZING!  I feel FREE!  I have had my 24 hour post-LASIK appointment and things look great.  I can see 20/15 with both of my eyes together.  My right eye can see 20/20 and my left eye (which was a -9.00 prescription) is 20/40.  I am so HAPPY!  Seriously, giddy at the results.  I know that side effects can arise but so far so good.  I am so thankful for my amazing eye surgeon, Dr. Shacar Tauber and his amazing team.  WOAH! They were awesome.  Yesterday during the LASIK I was given a 5mg Valium.  I felt  no effects of the valium during the right eye and then immediately it hit me like a ton of bricks. I got so sleepy. I felt like I could not keep my eyes open.  Dr. Tauber and his team were giving me a hard time today because I told them I was in Jamaica and that I was having a blast. I also told them that I could have done the entire procedure without the valium. HA!  Thank God for good drugs.  After the procedure I slept ALL DAY. My mom was my personal nurse...feeding me, doing the prescribed eye drops, etc.  She was great! 


The morning before my surgery!
During the procedure they let my mom watch my LASIK surgery.  Dr. Hood sat in with my mom and explained everything. I had told my doctors that I was a huge blogger/picture freak so they let my mom take pics.  I guess they normally do not allow this but they said it was ok.  YEAH! 

WARNING:  NEXT TWO PICS ARE GRAPHIC EYEBALL PICS
Here is where the "suction cup" Laser is cutting the flap. 


  • Not quite sure what is going on this picture...I am glad I did not see this until after it was over. I can't stand eyes.  YUCK!

Here I am after the surgery at home with my "superhero" eye shields. Kinda freaky, huh?
24 hour check up!  Dr. Tauber, Dr. Hood, and the wonderful team at St. John's Eye Clinic with me by the LASER. 
My donation pile for the Lion's Club Eye Bank.  I am so happy to share these glasses with someone else.  Goodbye FOUR EYES! 

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yea! I'm so glad everyting went well, and I know you are so relieved! You got Ryan really wanting to get this done now. So glad everything went so good, God is good!

Julie said...

Glad it went well. After Mike had it done I want it too but I'm a bit chicken as he said he got freaked out at one point. Thank goodness for Valium!

Jennifer Horgan said...

Congrats Hil! It's all over and was a success!!

Aubrey said...

WOOHOO!!! Way to go, Hilary! I am so excited for you. That photo of donation items makes me so happy. You are my inspiration!