Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Lovin'....Hil's favorite things!

Recently, I have discovered some new items, places, and food that I REALLY enjoy. I wanted to share with you my summer finds.

My husband's motto at home and his office is "Effective & Efficient". He wants things to work the best way possible, the safest way possible, and the quickest way.  Recently I have discovered a new laundry detergent that does just that.  Yes, I really am blogging about laundry detergent. But, I had to share because it is THAT good.  I usually purchase the HE laundry detergent that is on sale & I have a coupon for. My biggest complaint with my laundry detergent is that it is bulky AND I always tend to waste by spilling it over the cap and down the front of the bottle.  Lastly, it makes a mess in my washer.  However I found a new brand that is clean, slender, and safe for the environment. METHOD LAUNDRY detergent at Tar.get.  It is a tall, skinny bottle that does not take up an entire cabinet.  All you do is pump four pumps into the washer.  No opening the cap = no spillage. I wish I would have thought of this container.  I now have a full cabinet to put my other cleaning and laundry supplies and it last longer than a "normal" detergent.  I think I have gotten over 50 washes out of the bottle.  It runs about $12 but Tar.get always has it on sale or has coupons for it. I am hooked!  This bottle of detergent is "effective & efficient". 



2.  This summer I have also fallen in love with "Skinny Cow Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches".  I found a coupon for these in my Weight Watcher magazine so I thought we would try them.  OH YUM!  They are great and low calorie!
 
Something else that I have discovered this summer is Charming Charlies. It's a jewelry/clothing boutique that has every color and style of jewelry, purses, & clothing for a very affordable price.  It's funny because my mom and sister went there before I did and called me telling me that I was going to LOVE it. They were right. 

 Another summer love is this salad dressing.  I swear my day revolves around food.
I found this Paul Newman's Lighten Up dressing at Tar.get too. It is fab!  For the calories and fat you can't find a better tasting dressing. I love to buy Paul's dressings because 100% of the proceeds goes towards charity.  LOVE IT!  Rasberry & Walnut is the best summer flave. I also enjoy the Ginger Asian flavor too.


On Tuesdays a local chocolate factory in our city makes cupcakes from scratch. Each week there is a specialty flavor and then their original chocolate cupcake with chocolate butter cream.  Last week, my mom, sister, & I (plus the boys) reserved five cupcakes. The specialty flavor was chocolate with orange butter cream.  Since we did not know if we were going to like them or not we just ordered five cupcakes....one for each of us.  I wish we would have reserved two dozen because they were the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten.  Believe me I have had a ton of cupcakes.  I really do try to eat healthy and low calorie but when it comes to cupcakes or cookies my weight watcher counting is out the window.  Poor Kevin did not get to try one so I have to go back and get some more.  I have already checked and this upcoming Tuesday they are their original chocolate with chocolate butter cream AND  chocolate cupcake with salted caramel butter cream. YUM! 

My last summer love are these pajamas.  As soon as dinner is over I slip into these pjs.  I guess it's because of all the cupcakes I have eaten but these pjs are soft, light weight, and so comfortable.  Dill.ards Dept Store carries them year round. Let me tell you a secret.  At the end of each season they put them on sale for 70% off. As long as you don't mind last seasons colors they are awesome! They are called Jasmine & Ginger.
 

So there you have it....those are all my favorite things for the summer 2010.  Enjoy. Let me know if you have tried any or all of these items.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this list, Hil! I'm especially interested in getting in on that cupcake action soon. Yummy!!!

Casey and Kim said...

charming Charlies:YES
Mint Icecream: Could take it our leave it
Cupcakes: need to try
Salad Dressing: see #2
Jammies: Might need to pick up a pair of those
Thanks for the list! It was a fun read!