Sunday, August 1, 2010

An awesome package for an awesome cause

A couple weeks ago,  I received one of the coolest packages in the mail.  My sweet, sweet friend Kylie who was one of my most favorite sorority sisters is in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia with her husband.  For the past six months I have been praying over their decision to adopt, praying over their unborn baby, praying for all the stress & cost of adoption in a third world country.  They have a TON of hoops to jump though to bring their sweet baby home. 

I can't wait to see Kylie as a mommy.  She will be exceptional!  I can't wait until they get the word that they are paired with a new baby. I can't wait until they get to see a picture of their little one for the first time. I can't wait until they get to travel to Ethopia to see him/her for the first time.  I can't wait until they get to bring their new baby home from Ethiopia to the USA.  Most of all I can't wait for Kylie & Lee to feel the love that a baby/child can bring to a home. I know that God has his hand in making their dream come true. 

Which brings us back to my cool package.  Kylie & Lee are doing a fundraiser to bring their little African bundle home.  For a donation, they will send you a re-usuable grocery sack that says,
"I helped bring a child home..."  I love this bag because every time I use it or see it I think of Kylie, Lee, and their future child.  It's an extra reminder to me to pray for them again.  I love it.  If you want to read about their journey of adoption click here.

It's amazing to me how Kylie & I lived together 10ish years ago in a sorority house but have reconnected via FB & the blog world.  Technology is amazing!  I am thankful that I have been able to be apart of Kylie & Lee's miracle journey of adoption.

No comments: