Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blast from the Past!

Last weekend we went back to the town where Kevin grew up. We went back for a mini-reunion/goodbye party hosted by our dear friends Mary & Erick. (That's another blog post...hopefully tomorrow)  As we arrived in town our first stop HAD to be the football field where Kevin played HS football.  Currently, "Kevin's field" is now a practice field because they built a whole new school and field BUT we had to go to "his field".  I can't put into words how excited Kevin was to drive through his old town and see the field.  It reminded me of the feeling I used to get when I would drive home from college and pull in my drive way. OR how I feel when I go back to my college sorority house to meet up with my best girlfriends.  How do you describe that feeling? I can't. Anyways, we stopped by the practice field and we had to play even though it was 100 degrees.  I think Kevin's heart was about to jump out of his chest bringing his little boy back to the place where he had tons of good memories.  Geez....I sound so old. One funny is that we had been in the car for over 3 hours and Z had to go potty. The field houses were locked so Z had to go potty out behind the field. Kevin never thought that his son would be returning to his field to go potty. 
One proud daddy & son. Go 1995!
You should have seen them running the field. Seriously, it could not have been any cuter.

 
Zachary had to give it a try.
Of course Kevin went all out. Mind you it was 100 degrees outside. 
I think Kevin realized that when he was in highschool he was in his tip top physical condition.  HA!
We HAD to get this picture by the #72 dummy.  72 was Kev's number so he was thrilled when a practice dummy shared his number.
Kevin had Zachary out practicing some football drills
Kevin practicing his drills.
Hil hugging her football stud and no I did not plan the white and blue attire.  Just a coincidence!
Picture by the big H
After playing at the practice field we went over to the new school. Kevin's parents purchased Kevin & his brother Jeff bricks under the flag pole when the new school was built. Z thought it was neat to see his daddy's name on a brick. Zachary sitting by Kevin's "brick" outside of the new highschool.

1 comment:

Lori said...

LOVE this! Ryan would be just as excited to go to his old field too. Love how Z and K played together on the field. Too cute!